Political payback”: Michelle on Obama’s Chicago Olympics cronyism

Started by Warph, September 30, 2009, 03:27:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anmar

The US had it's own selection process for different cities before bids had to be submitted at the international level.  Think of it as a primary election.  I remember reading in the paper that San Francisco was one of the finalists.
"The chief source of problems is solutions"

jarhead

I don't think the "O-Man " should go to Denmark to plug for the olympics because I think it's a done deal already . With all that's on his platter already, why would he risk all the heat he's taking unless he's already been assured they are coming to Chicago. If he don't get it, he will come home with a black eye ( no pun intended ). He's only there for the fanfare and to be on the world stage where he is most popular. I'm willing to make a wager that Chi-Town gets it. If not I will address Diane as Lady Di for the next week on this forum ---but if he gets it Diane has to address me as King Edwards !!
  Also with all the heat the "O -Man " is taking for not talking to his General in the last 70 days I look for him to make a little side trip when he leaves Denmark to Affie to visit  with the troops---just to show his concern and try to act like a CiC.

Varmit

Quote from: Diane Amberg on September 30, 2009, 04:52:50 PM
The rest of the world is impressed when a President supports his country like that. After all the Olympics is a world event. Other Presidents, Kings and Queens are going, why not ours?

Supports his country like that?...PLLEEASE!  If obama wanted to support his country he should try picking up the phone and talking to the General that he put in charge of afghanistan, you know, that place where REAL represenatives of the U.S. that actually give a damn about their country and love it enough to fight and die for it.  Unlike our president who is more worried about a bunch of games, that in the end don't mean a thing.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

larryJ

Tobina------------------much younger?  How young do you have to be? 

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Diane Amberg

Personally, I don't think Chicago is going to get it, so I'd be surprised too. I'm not nearly as negative and cynical as some of you who see commies under every bush. I'll enjoy it where ever it is held. 

Diane Amberg

Bushes as in shrubs, ya know, the green leafy kind. After all, aren't the Olympics just another commie plot of some sort to distract us from the real business at hand, which is to discredit the POTUS by whatever means is necessary.

srkruzich

Maybe chicago deserves the olympics.  In 1996, Atlanta hosted the olympics and Hundreds of people invested their life savings and homes and everything into buying into the olympic venue.  Then when the olympics got there, they got stuck on a back alley with their booth and the streets to the alley blockaided so no traffic would come down it.  They all lost everything they had while the olympic comittee sucked up every dollar it could get from these folks.

By the time they all realized what was happening it was too late.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Varmit

Quote from: Diane Amberg on October 01, 2009, 09:43:02 PM
  After all, aren't the Olympics just another commie plot of some sort to distract us from the real business at hand, which is to discredit the POTUS by whatever means is necessary.

Actually, no.  The Olympics are just a bunch of games...thats it...thats all that happens, people play a game. 

Discredit the POTUS by whatever means necessary???  He is doing a fine job of that all on his own.  We have unemployment that is still rising (which by the way, Uncle Sambo promised that the stimuls would stop that), an economy that is in the crapper, greater terrorists threats, a dollar that is threatening to collapse, the situation in Afghanistan getting worse, not to mention the huge rift that is dividing the country.  Instead of addressing these problems obama decides to spend even more tax payer money to fly to copenhagen to ask "Aww Gee fellas, can't we play games at my house instead?"

Like I said, I don't have to try and discredit the president, he does that all by himself.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

srkruzich

Quote from: Varmit on October 02, 2009, 01:58:47 AM
Quote from: Diane Amberg on October 01, 2009, 09:43:02 PM
  After all, aren't the Olympics just another commie plot of some sort to distract us from the real business at hand, which is to discredit the POTUS by whatever means is necessary.

Actually, no.  The Olympics are just a bunch of games...thats it...thats all that happens, people play a game. 

Discredit the POTUS by whatever means necessary???  He is doing a fine job of that all on his own.  We have unemployment that is still rising (which by the way, Uncle Sambo promised that the stimuls would stop that), an economy that is in the crapper, greater terrorists threats, a dollar that is threatening to collapse, the situation in Afghanistan getting worse, not to mention the huge rift that is dividing the country.  Instead of addressing these problems obama decides to spend even more tax payer money to fly to copenhagen to ask "Aww Gee fellas, can't we play games at my house instead?"

Like I said, I don't have to try and discredit the president, he does that all by himself.

He's actually outdone himself.  reading today that the real unemployment is at 17%. Thats higher unemployment than when carter almost drove us into oblivion. 
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk