In Plain Language

Started by frawin, September 29, 2009, 06:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frawin

IN PLAIN
LANGUAGE

One fence, two sides.
If a conservative doesn't like guns, they don't buy one.  If a liberal doesn't like guns, then no one should have one.
If a conservative is a vegetarian, they don't eat meat.  If a liberal is, they want to ban all meat products for everyone.

If a conservative sees a foreign threat, he thinks about how to defeat his enemy.  A liberal wonders how to surrender gracefully and still look good.

If a conservative is gay, they quietly enjoy their life.  If a liberal is gay, they loudly demand legislated respect.

If a black man or Hispanic is conservative, they see themselves as independently successful. Their liberal counterparts see themselves as victims in need of government protection.

If a conservative is down-and-out, he thinks about how to better his situation. A liberal wonders who is going to take care of him.

If a conservative doesn't like a talk show host, he switches channels.  Liberals demand that those they don't like be shut down.

If a conservative is a non-believer, he doesn't go to church.   A liberal wants any mention of God or religion silenced.

If a conservative decides he needs health care, he goes about shopping for it, or may choose a job that provides it.  A liberal demands that his neighbors pay for his.

Warph

In plain english,  fantastc post, Frank!
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

kshillbillys

ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

Diane Amberg

Why do you only acknowledge extremes?

srkruzich

Quote from: Diane Amberg on October 01, 2009, 09:29:15 PM
Why do you only acknowledge extremes?
I would say because its true. 
Personally the conservative extreme he listed is not extreme. It is live and let live. 

Best example is this health care push.  Its the liberals not the conservatives that want everyone to fund everyone elses healthcare.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Diane Amberg

Let see, by that logic if everyone pays everyone else's, that means I pay yours and you pay mine so we both come out even. ;D So it wouldn't matter that I'm a moderate and you are a conservative, we both pay and we  both have coverage.

frawin

Diane you are about as moderate as Queen Nancy

Diane Amberg

Queen Nancy? I don't get it.

Varmit

Quote from: Diane Amberg on October 02, 2009, 05:41:31 PM
Let see, by that logic if everyone pays everyone else's, that means I pay yours and you pay mine so we both come out even.

Nope. It would only work if each party used the same amount of healtcare services. 
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Diane Amberg

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk