We've been talkin books...whats your favorite show?

Started by pamsback, September 23, 2009, 10:25:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pepelect

All the post offices  in Howard are owned by private citizens and are leased back to the post office for many stamps. I don't think states should have rights to own parks either.  They have a worse track record of keeping things maintained than the feds.  

I forget how those of you that were here during the Civil War seem to know personally every event and sequence of events that happened... :laugh:  Next you are going to tell be the south won because Lee surrendered not Davis.

There was a cool show on last night called Mega Structures about a proposed mile high skyscraper that could house thousands of people, floors are designed for vertical agriculture, and fire safe rooms at strategic locations throughout.  It showed the problems with wind over the height of 1500ft and how a counter-balance mass could be used to keep the top residents from getting motion sickness from the swaying during high winds.  

Tobina+1

Cheyenne; I really enjoy Army Wives, too.  I don't know how accurately it reflects Army life and living on base, but I enjoy the drama.

Rudy Taylor

Yes, the PBS series on our national parks has been wonderful. It's so great to spend an evening away from the talking heads of Fox, and CNBC and CNN ... and also to avoid the silliness that seems to dominate television programs these days.
It truly is "a wonderful life."

Diane Amberg

We've been enjoying it too. Ken Burns is one of ours, you know, spent his childhood, or at least part of it here in Newark. I just put that in because it will annoy a few people.

larryJ

Does anyone have any comments on the two hour "House" last night?  I thought it was a terrific show.

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

sixdogsmom

I am currently watching my favorite, 'Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader?'. Larry, I keep forgetting about 'House', I've seen it a few times and liked it. I think I got off onto some crime show on the History channel last night.
Edie

Cheyenne

I have some friends who are military wives and they say the show is pretty accurate to life on base. Just more focused on behind the scenes of what you see when you visit base.

Diane Amberg

Larry we both really enjoyed the two hour House. His character is so complicated anyway, it was very interesting to see how he tried to resolve being a "fix it" Doctor with the humanity and foibles of the other guests (and his own) at the institution. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk