Where Are the Wooly Worms?

Started by Wilma, September 27, 2009, 10:13:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixdogsmom

I saw some on the highway when I was headed to Independence. BTW, the wildflowers are beautiful this fall, lots of sunflowers, goldenrod, asters, yarrow, a few late Queen Annes' Lace, the sumac is turning red, and the maples are turning yellow. Everything else is still green when it is usually brown from the heat. It's a pretty fall, no doubt about it! And the cornfields and the beanfields are so abundant looking, there should be a bumper crop! It's good to be alive!  ;)
Edie

Judy Harder

It's good to be alive! 

I agree with that thought and even better is the eyes and the HEART to see HIS world.!

God is Good!
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

frawin

Ms Bear, they have Hedge Trees in Texas but in Texas they are called Bodark Trees. The wood makes beautiful Lamps and other wood items.

Wilma

Another use for hedge apples, that I hesitate to mention here because of the teenagers that participate, is the truckloads that come to town on Halloween.

Ms Bear

I thought I had heard another name for them.  I haven't seen any of them here where I am at.

I have seen a few black wooly worms but only in one place right up the street from where I live.  Don't know why I am not seeing them anywhere else.  Maybe if I drove that slow on other roads?

Ole Granny

Wichita seems to have wooly worms.  I have seen quite a few.

Hedge....years ago at Arkalalah in Ark City at the craft show; a couple had painted Santa Claus on hedge.  They had all different Santa's from all over the world.  Very unusual.  Have not seen it anywhere since.

My horse, Chief, loved hedge apples.  He could pick one up and not miss his stride.  Never choked either but he would eat a dried leaf.  We always called him our Easy Keeper.
"Perhaps they are not the stars in the sky.
But rather openings where our loved ones,
Shine down to let us know they are happy."
Eskimo Legend

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk