The Letter Joe Wilson Should Write

Started by redcliffsw, September 24, 2009, 05:35:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redcliffsw

Here we go.........

Dear Madame Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi,

I apologized to President Obama for my "you lie" outburst during his recent speech. The President immediately accepted my apology. Yet you and nearly all members of your party in the House of Representatives demanded that I make yet another apology from the floor of the House. I refused and then received an admonishment by resolution — passed almost completely down party lines.

Now it's your turn, Madame Speaker. I invite you and others in your party to apologize publicly to former President George W. Bush for vicious, personal and frequently race-based attacks.

"Bush is an incompetent leader," you said of the then-sitting president. "In fact, he's not a leader. He's a person who has no judgment, no experience and no knowledge of the subjects that he has to decide upon." If a Republican —especially a Southerner — attacked Obama that way, former President Jimmy Carter would call him or her a racist. Apologize, Madame Speaker.

Sen. Ted Kennedy died never having apologized. Kennedy accused the Bush administration of lying about the intelligence leading up to the Iraq War. "Week after week after week," Kennedy said from the Senate floor, "we were told lie after lie after lie." Please check the rules for a posthumous resolution of admonition.

rest of the letter:

http://www.creators.com/opinion/larry-elder/the-letter-joe-wilson-should-write.html

kshillbillys

We read this and absolutely LOVED it! I would like to have all of those people publicly apologize to W and if they don't/can't then admonish them! Would LOVE IT!!  What's good for the DEMORAT is good for the REPUBLICAN!   :police:
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

Anmar

Quote from: pamsback on September 24, 2009, 07:31:45 PM
  Pfffttt, nobody should apologize because they are ALL liars.

They are all liars, i agree with Pam.  However the problem With what happened wasn't that he called the president a liar, it's that he interupted the president's speech to a joint session of Congress.  For that, an apology was necessary.
"The chief source of problems is solutions"

sixdogsmom

I believe that the remark made by Mr. Wilson was in violation of rules of Congress. These rules were made way back when, so that there would not be street fighting on the floor during procedings. Since he violated a rule of Congress, he was subject to censure. It has nothing to do with his opinion of anyone, but as a member of that body, he is subject to their rules of conduct.
Edie

Jo McDonald

And he DID apologize!!  End of discussion...

Nancy Pelosi need to apologize for  breathing. ( my opinion ! )
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

kshillbillys

I agree with you on that Jo! 

Wasn't there booing on the floor when W was speaking? Is that NOT against the rules? Where was/is the apology from the DEMORATS?  I didn't realize it was just wrong for only a REPUBLICAN to speak out. Boy that's not fair now is it? Sounds kinda prejudiced to me and the Democratic pot calling the Republican kettle Obama...(my opinion)

sixdogsmom

Unless I am mistaken, Mr. Wilson has not to date apologised to congress for his transgression.
Edie

kshillbillys

He already apologized to the ONE he said it to. He doesn't need to apologize to the Congress for his "transgression"...He should've NEVER apologized PERIOD! He had the balls to say what EVERYONE else was thinking!

By the way, did Pelosi, Reid, Clinton, Rangels, Emmanuel and countless other democrats apologize to George W. Bush OR the Republican party for their remarks and transgressions on the floor?? It's funny how the question of then-President George W. Bush being mocked on the floor and in countless other settings keeps getting danced around, but ONE person stands up to Barack Hussein Obama and they want that great man tarred and feathered; make an example out of him so that the rest of them will shut up!

sixdogsmom

The rules of order state that he should apologise to congress. Period. Sorry, I am not accepting any red herrings today!  :D
Edie

Jo McDonald

Congress need to apologize to the American people for all of it's transgressions!!!
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk