Jackson Park

Started by Lookatmeknow!!, September 24, 2009, 05:35:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lookatmeknow!!

I just didnt see any mention of this, but if you haven't driven by Jackson Park you need to.  It is becoming such a great place in our community.  They have now added a new play area for the kids.  The playset is wonderful.  Of course, the kids and I haven't actually played on it yet, but they so wanted to last night.  We have plans to make it there tonight.  I love the addition, I can walk and kids can play on the playset!!  Plus the memorial is just BEAUTIFUL beyond words.  I haven't gotten up close to look at the new rock work.  Everytime I go by someone is still working there.  But it is just a beautiful addition to Howard!  WAY TO GO!!  EVERYONE THAT WORKED MANY HOURS TO ACCOMPLISH THIS!!! :angel:
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

Mom70x7

Dedication of the memorial is this Saturday - September 26 - at 8:30 in the morning.

It is a nice park. Lots of people have worked and done a beautiful job.

Clubine Ranch

Yes indeed this is a wonderful addition for all of Elk County to use, enjoy and remember. Took a lot of people working together to get this accomplished and it was. Hat's off to all involved!

Tobina+1

Yes, this park is really very nice.  I hope that once they get this park completed, that the focus continues with the rest of the parks in Howard and all of Elk County. 

indygal

I drove by this afternoon, and I agree it is lovely. It was good to see some children playing on it, and at least three adults at the park. One was walking the path, and two were looking at the memorial. The park also is a very attractive "welcome" to those coming into Howard on Washington Street. Marlin and Nadine and I'm sure many others have worked very hard to create this fun space, and deserve big thank yous.

patyrn

We just returned from walking the path at Jackson Park.  There were children on the playground, adults walking, a nursing home patient on a bench with a family member, and other older adults on benches just watching the children play.  Nadine and Marlin Baumgartel were busily mowing the park.  What a nice addition to the city of Howard!  Thanks to everyone who have been involved with carrying out this project!

Rudy Taylor

I was so very proud of Howard folks today as the new War Memorial was dedicated. Quite touching. I even saw a full bird colonel with tears in her eyes as she stood at attention.
It truly is "a wonderful life."

Teresa

Flo sent me these pictures asking that I put them up for her...

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Jo McDonald

Beautiful Pictures --- thank you, Flo and Teresa!
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Ole Granny

How very proud everyone should be.  Quite an accomplishment for a small community.
"Perhaps they are not the stars in the sky.
But rather openings where our loved ones,
Shine down to let us know they are happy."
Eskimo Legend

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk