We've been talkin books...whats your favorite show?

Started by pamsback, September 23, 2009, 10:25:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tobina+1

Larry; did you get interviewed for the show?  Might we have a star on our hands?  (Better shine up your dancing shoes!)

indygal

It's been almost 2 years since I watched any sort of TV on a regular basis. Frankly, I don't miss it much.

When I did watch, I liked pretty much anything on PBS, HGTV, Discovery Channel, some the History Channel programs. My "guilty pleasures" were American Idol, So You Think You Can Dance?,The Price is Right and classic reruns (Andyy Griffith show, I Love Lucy, Bewitched, etc.)

kshillbillys

House, LOST, Modern Marvels, Wild West Tech, AMC's Breaking Bad, Dirty Jobs (and just Mike Rowe in general), Adult Swim on Cartoon Network (gotta watch Squidbillies), Bill O'Reilly, Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity and pretty much Fox News Channel.  

AND NASCAR!!!
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

Wilma

Basketball, football, golf, horse racing,  Wheel of Fortune of course, Jeopardy, my long time standbys, General Hospital and One Life to Live.  Then there is Charmed, Golden Girls, Murder She Wrote.  I like DWTS because it is live, not a rerun and features some of my favorite stars.  Oh, yes, channel surfing.

flo

one of my favorites is on now.  World Series of Poker.   :-\ but Marvin don't understand Texas Hold'um so I'm not watching, like a good girl.  :angel:
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

pamsback

I always watch LOST when it's on but damn that show gets aggravatin!!!!

Did any of you watch Jericho when it was on? I thought it was pretty good but sure didn't last long ???

larryJ

Tobina, LOL, no, I've been gone for a few years and "uncle Otis" passed away last year.  Besides, I was not even a noticeable cog in a very large wheel.  I knew Mr. Chandler because he was always present and available to the employees.  He would walk through the pressroom with all the ink and paper dust and noise, in his shirt and tie with the sleeves rolled up and shake your hand even though your hand might be filthy.  The best part was, there were over 300 pressmen at that time and once he met you, he could call you by name the next time he saw you.  I really hope they do a good job on this show.  There is so much about this family that was just wonderful.

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Catwoman

Grey's Anatomy...Private Practice...Lost...Any of the soaps on Ch. 12...About broke my heart when I had to watch the last episode of Guiding Light (how dare they remove my favorite soap??)...Antiques Roadshow...The Food Network...HG TV...The History Channel...The Discovery Channel...Lifetime...Animal Planet...Desperate Housewives...Ugly Betty...Extreme Makeover:  Home Editon...Any of the old movie channels...Cartoon Network...Boomerang...Anything that is completely removed from real life...I get enough reality on a daily basis...I sure as heck don't need anything even resembling reality beaming at me from the boob tube!

Judy Harder

I wasn't going to respond to this thread, as most of the summer I kept the tv on for the noise and maybe an animal show or two.
I do enjoy the Animal Channel and The Dog Whisperer (I think it is Nat-Geo) and I was so hooked on ER that when they took it off, I had withdrawal and stopped watching.

But, I just last night watched Flashfoward and was hooked in the first 5 minutes.
Boy, was that good. I also think Mercy will take the place of ER.......and of course, I watch Dancing With The Stars....but maybe not all the time.

I use to watch all NBC programs, but this year it isn't as exciting. I really don't care for what they think is funny, and have been going to the other channels.....I love the Law and Order shows and am starting to watch CSI and there is another one "The Mentalist" not sure which channel....I think CBS.

When I find one I really like, then they either take it off or it is one I must follow faithfully or get left behind......so I usually stick to Football and basketball games and I also like to spend time with the Food Channel.

Good thread to who ever started this.....I must watch it more than I thought.......it is always on the information channel when it is on daytimes.........like the radio part.
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Tobina+1

So, I tried to watch Flashforward last night... I lost interest.  The beginning was slow.  Maybe the first show had to be that way to understand where they're at the rest of the season, but I doubt I'll watch it much.

I actually watched Project Runway on Lifetime, and switched back and forth to Gray's Anatomy during commercials.  Gray's was pretty depressing, actually.

Chuck had to go downstairs so he could watch the Mentalist.  I like that show, too, but Project Runway has caught my attention lately, and they're at the same time.

Larry; too bad they didn't interview you for the show.  Your account of Mr. Chandler is pretty cool and would make a neat addition to the show.  Will the show be like a movie, or more like a "life and times of..." type show?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk