MURPHY, Cleetis "Wayne" - b. August 16, 1944 - d. September 17, 2009

Started by patyrn, September 18, 2009, 04:17:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

patyrn

Cleetis "Wayne" Murphy, 65, of Winfield, Kansas, passed away September 17, 2009 at William Newton Hospital in Winfield.  He was born August 16, 1944 in Moline, Kansas to Harold and Elva (Larkin) Murphy.  He was raised in Elk Falls, Kansas and graduated from Moline High School in 1963.  

Cleetis attended vocational technical college for auto body mechanics.  He worked for General Electric as a jet engine mechanice for over 40 years before retiring.  During his employment, he ws active in the GE Employee Association.  Cleetis enjoyed camping, and especially loved showing cars and trucks and attending car shows.  

Survivors includ his son, Mike Murphy and wife, Stephanie, and his granddaugher, Celia Murphy, all of Collinsville, Oklahoma.
He was preceded in death by his parents and an infant brother.

Services will be at 10:00 a.m. on Monday, September 21, 2009 at Miles Funeral Service in Winfield, Kansas.  Private interment will take place at Grace Lawn Cemetery in Howard, Kansas.  Friends may call at Miles Funeral Service on Sunday afternoon, September 20, 2009 from 2:00 to 4:00 p.m.

Memorials are to th American Cancer Society.  Contrbutions may be made through the Miles Funeral Home, 4001 E. 9th, Winfield, KS  67156.

(taken from the Winfield Daily Courier website).

patyrn

I took the liberty of changing an item in Wayne Murphy's obituary as printed in the Winfield Daily Courier.  My sister-in-law went to school with him, and he actually graduated from Moline High School in 1963 where he attended after the Elk Falls High School closed.

KRI

Ole Granny

Sympathy to Wayne's family.  I remember his mother and father very well  ( and Wayne).  Elva 's nickname was Blondie.  Wonderful people. More memories. 
"Perhaps they are not the stars in the sky.
But rather openings where our loved ones,
Shine down to let us know they are happy."
Eskimo Legend

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk