Upcoming Capitol Hill Event

Started by redcliffsw, September 16, 2009, 09:29:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redcliffsw

srkruzich

Quote from: redcliffsw on September 16, 2009, 09:29:09 PM

September 25, 2009 on Capitol Hill

http://www.islamoncapitolhill.com/

You know something here redcliff,  Even though i do not believe in islam nor support it, their right to hold this gathering is guaranteed by the 1st amendment of our constitution.  I have to support their right to do so  As long as that is all they do. 

I'm a God, Guns, Guts and American pickup truck American but to be that kind of American, you have to support their rights to life liberty and pursuit of happiness as well as practicing their religious beliefs in washington. 
To do any less would dishonor our forefathers, and all the men who died to secure those freedoms.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

pamsback

Quote from: srkruzich on September 16, 2009, 09:35:12 PM
Quote from: redcliffsw on September 16, 2009, 09:29:09 PM

September 25, 2009 on Capitol Hill

http://www.islamoncapitolhill.com/

You know something here redcliff,  Even though i do not believe in islam nor support it, their right to hold this gathering is guaranteed by the 1st amendment of our constitution.  I have to support their right to do so  As long as that is all they do. 

I'm a God, Guns, Guts and American pickup truck American but to be that kind of American, you have to support their rights to life liberty and pursuit of happiness as well as practicing their religious beliefs in washington. 
To do any less would dishonor our forefathers, and all the men who died to secure those freedoms.

:) Exactly

kshillbillys

I've made several attempts to open this page and every time I do my computer freezes. The forum still works and my yahoo mail still works if i'm trying to open that page but the Islam on Washington site will not open. Anyone else having problems opening it?
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

Anmar

I was able to open it just fine.  It has an audio file that streams to your computer, which may be what is causing you problems.  For those who are unable to open the file....

The website is an announcement of a gathering of muslims at the capital to show their unity and celebrate the end of Ramadhan, their month of fasting.  The audio is an Islamic prayer

QuoteISLAM ON CAPITOL HILL
2   0   0   9

IN THE NAME OF ALLAH....

The objective of this gathering is to invite the Muslim Communities and friends of Islam to express and illustrate the wonderful diversity of Islam. We intend to manifest Islam's majestic spiritual principals as revealed by Allah to our beloved prophet

Muhammad (PEACE BE UPON HIM) of Arabia. Likewise; we intend to inspire a new generation of Muslim to work for the greater good of all people. We shall  serve all

people, regardless of race, religion or national origin.

ON THIS DAY....

The Athan will be chanted on Capitol Hill, echoing off of the Lincoln Memorial, the Washington Monument and other great edifices that surround Capitol Hill
      Thousands of Muslims from all races, creeds, colors and ethnicities will gather for the sole purpose of prayer
      Bonds of friendship will be formed between those in attendance, both Muslims and Non-Muslims
      Muslim youth will experience tours of the Library of Congress and the Supreme Court.
      The peace, beauty and solidarity of Islam will shine through America's capitol.

A DAY OF ISLAMIC UNITY...   

I'm in agreement with steve.  Its outright hypocrisy come to these forums and preach about your rights while you try to trample the rights of other groups.
"The chief source of problems is solutions"

Varmit

I don't have aproblem with them practicing their religon (or any religion) so long as they do not try to force it upon people.  By that I mean allowing their children, wives, or whatever to convert to another religion or no religion without the fear of reprecussion.  Using Sharia law to justify the "honor killings" just sticks in my craw.  I'm curious if this means that christians can display nativity scenes on the mall now?
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk