Elk Falls Mill

Started by W. Gray, September 14, 2009, 08:01:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

W. Gray

Myrna had asked a couple weeks ago if Jarhead had pictures of the old mill and here they are.

"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

frawin

Waldo, thanks for posting these pictures.  I am glad to see them, I'm sure Mother will too. 
Myrna

W. Gray

You are welcome.

Hope that Jarhead can come up with some more.

My first thought on these photos was that the pictures were after 1893 because that looks like the old iron bridge in the background.

My second thought was that anyone could dam up the river, if they wanted to.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

frawin

Jarhead, didn't mean to leave you out.  Thanks for coming up with the pictures of the mill and getting Waldo to post them for you!
Myrna

jarhead

Myrna,
It's not easy getting Waldo to do my dirty work. He drives a hard bargain and for this last task he wanted my first born male child--------------------Sooooo---the onrey little cuss is on a West bound Grey Hound bus as we speak.

W. Gray

Jarhead,

Send as many as you've got and I will post them.

Just as an aside, Greyhound buses are now running in England.

greatguns

Jarhead, I'm thinking the least you could have done was put him on a train going west! ;D ;D

jarhead

Guns, I was fibbing anyway. As you know I have 3 daughters, no onery boys, but I wanted to see how fast ol Waldo would make tracks if he thought he had to raise a young'n in his old age . :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk