Sunstein Quotes

Started by Varmit, September 11, 2009, 05:34:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Varmit

Just thought I would post a few quotes from Cass Sustein, our "regulatory czar".  You can find more at StopSunstein.com

We ought to ban hunting"
- Cass Sunstein, in a 2007 speech at Harvard University

"[A]lmost all gun control legislation is constitutionally fine. And if the Court is right, then fundamentalism does not justify the view that the Second Amendment protects an individual right to bear arms. "
- Cass Sunstein, writing in his book, "Radicals in Robes

"A system of limitless individual choices, with respect to communications, is not necessarily
in the interest of citizenship and
self-government."
-Cass Sunstein, arguing for a Fairness Doctrine for the
Internet in his book, Republic.com 2.0 (page 137).

Just these quotes alone should be enough to keep him from a governmental position.  Yet, our President wants this creep appointed.  Remember that quote from obama, "If you want to know what issues I'm working on, just look at who I have around me."  When one looks at those he keeps company with, one wonders "Where are the Real Americans at?"  Of course, one also has to keep in mind that if they believe in the Constitution, Freedom, and Personal Liberty that they are considered Domestic Political Terrorists and are now firmly behind enemy lines.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

pamsback

Why would you need a fairness doctrine for the internet?! You can find ANYthing you want to know about ANYthing on here and a whole LOT of stuff you wish you HADN'T!!

Warph

Czar - noun
an emperor or king.
the former emperor of Russia.
an autocratic ruler or leader.
any person exercising great authority or power in a particular field: a czar of industry.

It has taken President Barack Obama less than eight months to do what imperial Russia could not do in 400 years:
Listed are all thirty-three czars but five four jump out as particularly frightening:

Green Jobs Czar-Van Jones (Resigned)
Science Czar-John Holdren
Regulatory Czar-Cass Sunstein
Diversity Czar-Mark Lloyd
Energy and Environment Czar-Carol Browner

Few of these czars require any congressional approval, but Obama has given many of them power over cabinet-level officials who are subject to confirmation.

Taxpayers for Common Sense says all these appointments don't guarantee that the federal bureaucracy will work any better.  If anything, the group notes, the appointments simply add another layer to that bureaucracy, something that rarely makes the government more responsive to taxpayers.

Robert Byrd used the words "unprecedented power grab" to describe Obama's "centralizing authority."

According to U.S. Congressman Jack Kingston (R-GA), the czars are part of a separate government structure that "is outside of the Constitution and the authority of Congress."

Jonah Goldberg, author of Liberal Fascism, writes:
"Crisis is routinely identified as a core mechanism of fascism because it short-circuits debate and democratic deliberation. Hence all fascistic movements commit considerable energy to prolonging a heightened state of emergency"  (Liberal Fascism, p. 43).

Obama is building a power structure that bypasses and surrounds our traditional branches of government.  It is unelected and unaccountable except to Obama.  When a real emergency happens, not the manufactured ones the administration is currently creating, I believe that some sort of Martial Law will be invoked and these Czars will be running things.  And the useful idiots in Congress will nod their collective heads and go along with it.

List of Obama's Czars:
http://www.glennbeck.com/content/articles/article/198/29391/

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk