Interesting bit on ACORN

Started by Varmit, September 11, 2009, 05:21:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diane Amberg

At least 11 more were fired and/or charged in Florida too. They are cleaning house.

srkruzich

Quote from: Diane Amberg on September 12, 2009, 10:50:16 AM
At least 11 more were fired and/or charged in Florida too. They are cleaning house.

Not going to do any good unless they get to the corp offices of Acorn.  Need to throw them in a prison along with their lawyers.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Warph

Obama gave them $800,000 of his campaign dollars in the beginning and so far, ACORN has received over $54 M of our tax dollars and is was in line to receive another $8 B.   Chicago politics at work.... right, Rahm!

Just five days before last November's elections, this was the lead editorial from the Wall Street Journal:

So, less than a week before the midterm elections, four workers from Acorn, the liberal activist group that has registered millions of voters, have been indicted by a federal grand jury for submitting false voter registration forms to the Kansas City, Missouri, election board.... We wish this were an aberration, but allegations of fraud have tainted Acorn voter drives across the country. Acorn workers have been convicted in Wisconsin and Colorado, and investigations are still under way in Ohio, Tennessee and Pennsylvania.

The good news for anyone who cares about voter integrity is that the Justice Department finally seems poised to connect these dots instead of dismissing such revelations as the work of a few yahoos. After the federal indictments were handed up in Kansas City this week, the U.S. Attorney's office said in a statement that "This national investigation is very much ongoing."

It sounded like a serious voter-fraud crisis. After all, the Justice Department has a long-standing policy of avoiding election law prosecutions immediately before voters head to the polls, so for these indictments to come down with less than a week before the midterms, there had to be some serious wrongdoing. And if so, it made some sense for the right-wing WSJ editorial page to gloat about it.

What we didn't know at the time, however, was the truth. Bradley Schlozman — the former U.S. Attorney for Kansas City and controversial deputy head at the Civil Rights Division — appears to have rushed these ACORN indictments for maximum political benefit.

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

larryJ

In my paper today----------

SENATE VOTES TO DENY FUNDS TO ACORN.

By Andrew Taylor
The Associated Press

WASHINGTON -- The Senate voted Monday to block the Housing and Urban Development Department from giving grants to ACORN, a community organization under fire in several voter-registration fraud cases.

The 83-7 vote would deny housing and community grant funding to ACORN, which stands for the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now.

The action came as the group is suffering from bad publicity after a duo of conservative activists posing as a prostitute and her pimp released hidden-camera videos in which ACORN employees in Baltimore gave advice on house buying and how to account on tax forms for the woman's income.  Two other videos, aired frequently on media outlets, depict similar situations in ACORN offices in Brooklyn and Washington, D.C.

The Senate's move would mean that ACORN would not be able to win HUD grants for programs such as counseling low-income people on how to get mortgages and for fair housing education and outreach.

Sen. Mike Johanns, R-Neb., said that ACORN has received $53 million in taxpayer funds since 1994 and that the group was eligible for a wider set of funding in the pending legislation, which funds housing and transportation programs.

Larryj

HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

srkruzich

Good!  At least the money isn't going to go to these thieves and crooks pockets!   This is a prime example of people voting largess into their own pockets that our forefathers warned us about. 

You know imagine, 50+ million dollars to lets say spend on some fixemup homes.  I know we probably have a ton of houses here that could be fixed up for around 10 grand or so.  Imagine getting a grant from that wasted money and being able to pickup that property with an abandoned home and fixing it up.  shoot might actually put some folks in a home that would work as in sweat equity for their home.

Quote from: larryJ on September 15, 2009, 09:20:00 AM
In my paper today----------

SENATE VOTES TO DENY FUNDS TO ACORN.

By Andrew Taylor
The Associated Press

WASHINGTON -- The Senate voted Monday to block the Housing and Urban Development Department from giving grants to ACORN, a community organization under fire in several voter-registration fraud cases.

The 83-7 vote would deny housing and community grant funding to ACORN, which stands for the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now.

The action came as the group is suffering from bad publicity after a duo of conservative activists posing as a prostitute and her pimp released hidden-camera videos in which ACORN employees in Baltimore gave advice on house buying and how to account on tax forms for the woman's income.  Two other videos, aired frequently on media outlets, depict similar situations in ACORN offices in Brooklyn and Washington, D.C.

The Senate's move would mean that ACORN would not be able to win HUD grants for programs such as counseling low-income people on how to get mortgages and for fair housing education and outreach.

Sen. Mike Johanns, R-Neb., said that ACORN has received $53 million in taxpayer funds since 1994 and that the group was eligible for a wider set of funding in the pending legislation, which funds housing and transportation programs.

Larryj

jarhead

SRK,
Aint noth'n gonna change. ACORN will close up shop and open under a new name with the same crooks at the helm. Their new name might be "Brazil Nuts" but that might not be PC. You can bet your arse "they's is still gonna get the money"

srkruzich

Quote from: jarhead on September 15, 2009, 10:30:40 AM
SRK,
Aint noth'n gonna change. ACORN will close up shop and open under a new name with the same crooks at the helm. Their new name might be "Brazil Nuts" but that might not be PC. You can bet your arse "they's is still gonna get the money"

Right now i am so sick of it all.  Simple solution, cut the whole damn bunch with their hands out off.  Start here and go world wide, and if they want money then we should tell em ok, whats in it for us! 

I have three sons in the military, 2 marines and 1 army and its just sad and pitiful that they serve for a bunch of no account slimeballs running things.  I shudder to think what this administration requests them to do! 

Diane Amberg

Now that's sad. I thought they served for us all. When I send stuff for the packages that get shipped to our military over there, I don't care who the President is.

srkruzich

Quote from: Diane Amberg on September 15, 2009, 07:10:28 PM
Now that's sad. I thought they served for us all. When I send stuff for the packages that get shipped to our military over there, I don't care who the President is.
They do serve for us, but what the administration is requiring them to do, thats another story.  Two have left the military, and my oldest is up on his 8 year obligation and he said he's tired of the crap he  has been getting since the first of the year.  Enough is enough.

Anmar

I'm not sure about whats going on in the military, but it's interesting to see Beck finally making himself useful.  I didn't know much about Acorn and i still don't but i don't like what i saw in the vid.  Without going into too much detail, i'll say that this sort of thing is probably more common than we think, as i've seen similar situations in local non-profits here in california.  When Bush said he was going to fund NGO's to help the government do it's work, I supported him, but like many good ideas, there is a flip side.

Also.... 

Just because Beck finally did something relevant doesn't make him any better, he's still an idiot, just maybe a useful idiot from time to time.   :P
"The chief source of problems is solutions"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk