Cash For Clunkers more Government Waste

Started by frawin, September 11, 2009, 04:58:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frawin

I guess I must be on the wrong page...
        A vehicle at 15 mpg and 12,000 miles per year uses 800 gallons a year of gasoline.
        A vehicle at 25 mpg and 12,000 miles per year uses 480 gallons a year.       So, the average clunker transaction will reduce US gasoline consumption     by 320 gallons per year.       
        They claim 700,000 vehicles – so that's 224 million gallons / year.
        That equates to a bit over 5 million barrels of oil.
         5 million barrels of oil is about ¼ of one day's US consumption.
         And, 5 million barrels of oil costs about $350 million dollars at $75/bbl.
·        So, we all contributed to spending $3 billion to save $350 million.
         How good a deal was that ???

Varmit

Makes the idea of government run healthcare seem even more of a bad idea.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

frawin

I agree Billy, I don't know why they didn't call this program, "PAYBACK TO THE UNION VOTE" instead of Cash for Clunkers.

Anmar

Cuz those cars are only gonna last one year, right?
"The chief source of problems is solutions"

Warph

Talk about the wrong page, Frank.  ;D  Checkout ol' Clydell:

Department of Transportation spokesperson Tavonda Mantovani, 36-24-38, said that DOT has received dozens of calls about people misinterpreting the Cash for Clunkers program.

Stonewall F. Thicketcutt, president of the The First Mason Dixon Line Bank in Pocahontas, Arkansas said that three times last week individuals walked in with chickens under their arms.

One of the bank tellers asked one of the individuals what in the world he was doing with the chickens. The man replied, "I's bringin' 'em in so that I can get me some of that there Obama cash money."

Thicketcutt asked one elderly farmer named Clydell Rufus Hollowstill, who said he was either 94, or 97, what in the world he was doing in the bank lobby with a cage filled with chickens.

Hollowstill replied, "I'm here to take advantage of y'all's Cash for Cluckers program.

Cash for Cluckers? Thicketcutt hollered.

"Yes sir, that be right."

"Oh my goodness. Sir, it's Cash for Clunkers, Clunkers with an 'N,' not a 'C'..... Cash for Clunkers.

"Damn liars!" he yelled. "I am gettin' myself all fed up with all of this political lying goin' on. First Billy Clinton lies to us about that bitch intern Harmonica Lowenbrau and then Georgy Bush lies about dem weapons of mass distraction, and now you tell me that the brother is lying about my chickens."

"Sorry sir."

"Sorry? Sorry? Tell that to my chickens. I told them all this mornin' that I was not gonna be takin' 'em over to Cacklin' Cal's Cackle-Cackle Chicken House Diner because America wanted to study them for some kind of damn fowl feathers research. And now I'm gonna have to go back on my word and take them over to Cacklin' Cal's Cackle-Cackle Chicken House Diner after all, where they'll all be turned into chicken nuggets, chicken tenders, chicken wings, and chicken titties."

"Sorry sir. And if you would please hurry because the little darlin's are startin' to shit all over the bank floor."

"Don't worry about it, Junior. It's only chicken shit."

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

frawin

Warph

....or how about this "Cash for Clunker".... Brett Farve to the Minnesota Vikings!
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

flintauqua

I think I ran into Clydell Rufus Hollowstill over in Bug Scuffle last week.  ;D

He was trying to trade those chickens for some yeast and copper line.  8)

pamsback

Quote from: Warph on September 13, 2009, 11:42:44 AM
....or how about this "Cash for Clunker".... Brett Farve to the Minnesota Vikings!

HEY!!!! No dissin the Packers! OR Favre!!!

flintauqua

I never dissed the Packers AND Favre together.  Seperately though, that's an entirely different situation.

BOO!    HISS!   BOO!   HISS!   BOO!   HISS!   BOO!   HISS!   BOO!   HISS!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk