President Obama's Speech to School Children

Started by Diane Amberg, September 07, 2009, 07:53:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jo McDonald

HANG ON TO YOUR FLAT HAT~~~~~~~~~HERE WE GO AGAIN!!!

sighhhhhhhhhhhh
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

pamsback

I just read your rant again MR Hillbilly. As a freethinkin AMERICAN.....I can support your position mostly.....as an OPEN-minded free-thinkin AMerican who as I have said before does NOT believe in censoring my childrens minds but instead giving them the chance to learn from experience what is bull and what isn't and who ISN'T afraid to have them "exposed" to opposite points of view to mine it really torques me off.

The tendency of what I call "closed-minded" people to immediately attack on the principle of "well that just ain't the way it is supposed to, has been or HAS to be" seriously torques me OFF! People like me are supposed to "respect" your right to keep your kids in the dark about what YOU don't think they should know but at the same time we are supposed to listen to a tirade about how "our" "liberal" blah blah blah is ruining YOUR kids future instead of YOU respecting the fact that WE are trying to give OUR kids a better more open future and YOURS too for THAT matter. We don't berate you about how YOUR closed-minded seperatist ideals are just keepin the hate goin. When you get down to it bud I am probly not MUCH more liberal than YOU are on MOST things. I was also BORN and RAISED right there in Severy. My two oldest graduated from West Elk. We came down here about 9 years ago.

The difference between me and YOU is that knowledge, even knowledge that contradicts what I have always believed DOES not scare me. It doesn't even piss me off most of the time. I may think it's STUPID but that's my perogative. I also don't think knowledge will scar my kids, I never taught them to hate ANYbody for ANY reason be it racial, sexual, religious, or anything ELSE.
I taught them JESUS not dogma. I taught them different is NOT dangerous or wrong, that God made us ALL unique.

Being the kind of parent who allows your kids to hear other points of view does not make you a parent who never taught your kids the simple rules we are to live by as you seem to be insinuating. It's beCAUSE we have faith in the morals we have taught them and faith in our kids that we are confident in their ability to sort the wheat from the chaff so to speak.

So next time you get all fired up to nail somebody because their parenting style doesn't match YOURS think about that.

Diane Amberg

flo

I had a very good reply typed and was reading the preview for grammer and spelling and poof - the electricity blinked off so guess it wasn't supposed to get posted and I don't want to take the time to rewrite it.  Sorry, but you won't get to read my very relivent and positive comments on not allowing your children to see the real world as it is.  How will they learn from their mistakes if they never get to make any? If they are never exposed to the other side of life as a child, then you better just keep them under your wing throughout their entire adult life, cause I can assure you, once they are out from under that wing, the first thing they will do is "try all those things that I heard about but mom and dad never told me about or why I shouldn't do them".  Nuff said, now back to what I was doing.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Mom70x7

I am sooo liking and agreeing with some of the views posted. Thanks, ladies!

Jo McDonald

I totally agree.  Life is tough and if children are not taught that "all is NOT well" all of the time, and they will have to face those decisions and learn to make choices that are sometimes right for them and sometimes they are the wrong ones. That is when the lesson begins and the learning process goes on from there.  Everyone has to be responsible for their own choices, with guidance from the parents, and a good home life, they will turn out just fine. 
  There are penalties and then, there are rewards, in every phase of life.  BUT you CANNOT be an umbrella for your children for  all the things in life that they will have to face.  Trust in the fact that you have taught them the golden rule and have made it a prominent way of life for them, and then it is just "Pray - Pray _ Pray" that the teachings were embedded deep enough to last. 
  First and foremost -- Children MUST HAVE a good foundation, loving, caring parents, and know that whatever comes up, they have their support.   
                           Hug them, kiss them and ALWAYS be there for them.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

kshillbillys

No one ever said that OUR children are not allowed to make their own mistakes or hear others' points of views. WE didn't think it was best for OUR kids to hear the speech BHO gave without US. Why couldn't he have given his little speech PRIMETIME so that parents and children could VIEW it TOGETHER? If they have questions they come to US, their parents, not to a teacher, not to a neighbor, not to the POTUS. US--their parents. What is so wrong about them coming to US? They are OUR children, we CHOSE to have them, to RAISE them, to LOVE them. They are NO ONE ELSE'S responsibility but OURS!

We READ the transcript of the speech TO THEM ourselves and added in our OWN thoughts on their trying to be successful in life. WE don't tell them to HATE people based on anything either. WE don't KEEP them in the DARK. Our oldest is almost 12. Believe me, she HAS her OWN thoughts and ideas on things and is probably more mature than a lot of teenagers I know. So I will tell MR. Hillbilly what has been said but know that a lot of these thoughts and ideas are not only his or mine but WE share them. Maybe that's why WE get along so well with EACH OTHER but NOT with OTHERS!

Diane---We've had some flooding here and Billy has been at work ALL DAY so I'm sure he'll answer you when he gets home and has time. Remember, not everyone has computer access at work!

MRS. HILLBILLY
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

Varmit

Quote from: Diane Amberg on September 09, 2009, 08:27:06 AM
Varmit...why do you say that the east coast people have forgotten their morals? How would you know?
Quote from: Diane Amberg on September 09, 2009, 11:20:18 AM
So as usual, my question won't get an answer.

Diane, I have spent many years on the east coast.  I have lived in Kittery, Charleston, Faeyetville.  I have family in N.C.  Thats how I would know.  I have also lived in San Deigo for a short time.  My sister lived there when her husband was in the Navy.  Not only that, but there are these things called "Newspapers" as well as this niffty little thing called the "internet" which allows people from all over the world to communicate.  Thats how I would know.

As for morals.  I don't see places like New York, Jersey, Alanta, D.C., Miami, as beacons of morality.  Given the amount violence, prostitution, openly embracing homosexuality and transgenderism, the never ending parade of flesh, most cities on the coasts have evolved into something akin to open sewers.

Forgive me if my response to your question wasn't as quick as you would have like, my job demands more from me than just sitting in front of a computer.

Well said Hillbilly.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Maude

Speaking of unanswered questions, Maxine and I just noticed that Diane did not answer the question about how many children she has had or raised???????
Living, Kicking and loving life.
Maude and Maxine

pamsback

ks nobody said a WORD about how you want to let your kids know stuff. We were talkin about OUR perspective with OUR children and yall flew off the handle. I don't CARE how you raise your kids but don't expect me to let you give me crap about how I'm raisin MINE either.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk