President Obama's Speech to School Children

Started by Diane Amberg, September 07, 2009, 07:53:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Varmit

hillbilly, you raise a good point.  There are things that our public schools cover that I wish they didn't.  I don't want my kids reading books like "Jane has 2 mommies" or whatever.  At least not in elementary school.  I also didn't allow my kids to view the presidents speech.  Frankly, I don't trust the man, and don't want him talking to my kids, regardless of the message.  As for the attitude of "He is the president. We should listen"...sorry but when it comes to my kids, if I think they need to hear something then I will make that decision.  At this point in their lives they are not old enough yet to fully understand alot of what is happening.  

Yes, other presidents have addressed school children, and when they did the Left went nuts, where was the respect they are hollering for now?  Where were the news networks crying that the only reason Democrats and the left spoke out about Bush, was because he was a white guy?  Where were the reporter calling them Political Domestic Terrorists?
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Diane Amberg

Do some of you fear the whole east coast or just me? I was just wondering if a couple of you had home schooled your kids.  It's quite common around here. Usually it's the Moms and they do a very good job. They often get together for field trips and I'm usually the one who teaches them fire safety when they come to see me at the fire house. I've never been accused of teaching to any particular communist agenda, but since firefights are all fascists, I suspect you would be afraid I'd rub off on your darlings. I'm just being sarcastic, but some of you sound so fearful. I'm not really all that bad, and I've never even fallen off my broom at Halloween. Do some of you demand to see the school board's approved curriculum each year before school starts? That way you can decide which units your child can skip and they could stay home. Might screw up their attendance record, but I don't think they have truancy laws out there. I wish the parents would get more involved in their kids education They need to be prepared for the world they will inherit. Not all will want to stay on the farm.

Varmit

Diane, I agree. Kids Do need to be prepared for the world they are inheriting.  They need to know that it can be an evil, hateful place, but that it can also be beatiful.  However, I think that before they are exposed to that they need to know the basic difference between right and wrong, that there ARE moral absolutes, something that folks on BOTH coasts have forgotten. 
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

pamsback

Just in case yall were includin me in that "east coast" crap. I've never been east of gulfport mississippi. I don't care WHAT you teach your kids. Mine are openminded rednecks and I figure the more they know the more sensitive their bull%^&* meters are gonna be.

pamsback

now I gotta go watch the Sons of Anarchy have a nice night yall.

Diane Amberg

Varmit, you are generalizing again.You know perfectly well that there are lots of moral people on both coasts, just as there are some smelly skunks in the middle.

kshillbillys

I was raised redneck, white trash, red state ArkaOklaKan and was always told that a skunk smells its' own hole first  :angel:
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

Varmit

Quote from: Diane Amberg on September 08, 2009, 09:30:35 PM
Varmit, you are generalizing again.You know perfectly well that there are lots of moral people on both coasts, just as there are some smelly skunks in the middle.

No Sh!#...? ::) 

Jane

Great input kshillbillys, I am for everything you said.
Jane

Diane Amberg

Varmit...why do you say that the east coast people have forgotten their morals? How would you know?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk