What Are You Doing For Excitement Today?

Started by Wilma, September 04, 2009, 07:36:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ms Bear

And sometimes they go on for several days.  

Mom70x7

Diane -

Your earthquake is major news all across the country. Evacuations, etc.

Colorado just had a major earthquake a couple of days ago, as well - 5.7 they said.

Interesting weather.  :)

Diane Amberg

They are telling us now to expect aftershocks up to 4.0 for several days. If we work this right maybe we can have after shocks leading right into Irene. Now they are saying it might go right up the I-95 corridor and that is us. Larry, I know that earthquake wasn't from you. I'd say it was a confederate quake but the sour pussies on here wouldn't understand it was a joke. I know this is a nothing event from your point of view but they say it's the biggest seen here since the 1890's. I sure did feel it!   I'm going out in a few minutes and see how many tomatoes were shaken off my plants.
Mom, I did see about the one in Colorado.I thought we might hear from Waldo about it.

kshillbillys

Quote from: Diane Amberg on August 23, 2011, 02:58:26 PM
I'd say it was a confederate quake but the sour pussies on here wouldn't understand it was a joke.

I do hope you mean PUSSES. Totally different words there!
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

Diane Amberg

I said what I meant. I guess you never watched "Are you being served?''

kshillbillys

Oh yes, we watch Are You Being Served. That would be what they call cats over there. Ms. Slocombe was always talking about her "pussies"...Here it pretty much takes on a whole new meaning.
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

Diane Amberg

larryJ

Jarhead, it is for that reason (coal mines,etc.) that I decided some years ago that I didn't want to crawl under the house in the crawl space to work on plumbling or phone lines and such.  My thinking was that if the house collapsed, there was no way out.  Now I just hire plumbers and such and let them crawl under there. 

Diane, depending on the seismic makeup of your soil (sandy or rocky), anything under a 4.0 won't be felt.  If the soil is sandy there might be more shifting so you would feel that, but rocky soils are pretty solid and don't move much under a 4.0.  Our local paper lists our daily earthquakes (yes, I said daily) most of which are 2.5 or less and or mostly out in the desert east of us. 

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Diane Amberg

We've got some of all of it actually. There is a gigantic fan of sandy and clay soil from a prehistoric flood eons ago, just south of us and up here on the edge of the Piedmont it becomes more rocky. I felt a little wee one here back in the 80's and we hear them boom in the hills above us every so often, but this one was a first for me.There is something of a fault line here too. It runs right under the Christina Towers Dorms that I can see through the trees. I have no idea why they were built right there. Thanks for your great information!

Wilma

Today's excitement?  Three young blue birds in the bird bath having a bath. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk