What Are You Doing For Excitement Today?

Started by Wilma, September 04, 2009, 07:36:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet Harrington

Quote from: Wilma on July 07, 2011, 01:33:15 PM
I'm back and I am in better shape than my computer is.  The scans were clean as far as being any worse than they were the last time.  I am free for another 6 months.

My computer isn't faring as well.  They got rid of a virus, but I am still not able to do everything that I could do several months ago.  It might still have to be new computer.

I want you all to know that you were told about the clean scan on Mother's carotid arteries before I was. What is wrong with that picture? Just kidding.

As for her computer, I worked on it some this evening. It does run faster then it did. However; for some reason when she tries to bring up her msn email account, the screen comes up blank and at the bottom left corner it says Done as in Done loading. Which it is not. I tried to go into add and remove programs to uninstall MSN. When I click on remove, a white screen comes up with MSN wizard at the top. (I think) Nothing happens. Any idea, Steve, what might be going on?

Catwoman

I'm probably not much help in this area...But...

Could it be that her Java needs to be updated?  Or her Adobe Reader?  Whenever I start to have the kind of issues you're describing, I update both my Java and my Adobe Reader and it seems to take care of the issue.

Steve, does this sound right to you?

Cat

sodbuster

I am sure Steve can help too. My suggestion go to PC Pitstop and run a full scan. I bet it can help.
http://www.pcpitstop.com/pcpitstop/default.asp

David
Breathe deep the gathering gloom,Watch lights fade from every room.Bedsitter people look back and lament,Another day's useless energy spent.Impassioned lovers wrestle as one,Lonely man cries for love and has none.New mother picks up and suckles her son,Senior citizens wish they were young.MoodyBlues

Janet Harrington

Quote from: sodbuster on July 08, 2011, 09:34:10 PM
I am sure Steve can help too. My suggestion go to PC Pitstop and run a full scan. I bet it can help.

David

Sodbuster, I will try that tomorrow. Thanks.

sixdogsmom

Quote from: Catwoman on July 08, 2011, 09:29:08 PM

Could it be that her Java needs to be updated?   

Cat

Cat, my Java could certainly stand some updating!  ;D ;D
Edie

Wilma

So could mine.  It got cold while I was reading the forum.

Catwoman

Well, if it's a good cup of joe that you're after, my family has gotten hooked on Community Coffee.  You can't get it here in Kansas, as far we can tell...You have to go south of the Kansas border to find it.  STRONG coffee but has a great flavor...Thank goodness you can order it online! lol

srkruzich

Quote from: Janet Harrington on July 08, 2011, 09:00:17 PM
I want you all to know that you were told about the clean scan on Mother's carotid arteries before I was. What is wrong with that picture? Just kidding.

As for her computer, I worked on it some this evening. It does run faster then it did. However; for some reason when she tries to bring up her msn email account, the screen comes up blank and at the bottom left corner it says Done as in Done loading. Which it is not. I tried to go into add and remove programs to uninstall MSN. When I click on remove, a white screen comes up with MSN wizard at the top. (I think) Nothing happens. Any idea, Steve, what might be going on?

It sounds like cookies and cache.  Clear em out and see what happens.  As far as cartoid arteries, i've scheduled an appointment on aug 4 to have mine checked.  My uncle had a stroke from his last week.  100% blocked and 98% blocked.  He's only 17 years older than me, and i suspect that is what killed my dad, and my grandma his mother had the same problem. Soooooo In i go for another *$)@$#)$ test!
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

srkruzich

Quote from: Catwoman on July 08, 2011, 09:29:08 PM

Could it be that her Java needs to be updated?  Or her Adobe Reader?  Whenever I start to have the kind of issues you're describing, I update both my Java and my Adobe Reader and it seems to take care of the issue.

Steve, does this sound right to you?

Cat

I don't see either being the source of the problem.   Java is ok IF You use the sun version and not the microsloth version. Microsoft has bastardized the java so much it doesn't work.  Sun is the original author of java and java is free software. Got microsoft into big trouble years ago because they tried to steal the software. 

Most of your trouble usually are as a result of cache and cookies. Next to look at is registry and i would reccoment registry mechanic along with spyware doctor. Both of those tools will keep you running in microsoft solutions.  I personally use Unix so i don't need all that.  But it is a learning curve involved if you run it. 

srkruzich

Quote from: sodbuster on July 08, 2011, 09:34:10 PM

David

Well that was a waste of time, i will not put IE on my machine!   Thats a virus waiting to happen.  BTW folks, active x is also the biggest headache you will ever have on your computer.  All the kiddie hackers use it to hack and send virus's. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk