What Are You Doing For Excitement Today?

Started by Wilma, September 04, 2009, 07:36:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kshillbillys

ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

Ms Bear

So glad you are home and doing okay and so glad you had Janet to get you home safe.

painted

Today i watched lots of birds get drinks out of the heated dog water dish. It was intended for the chickens,but they didn't seem to mind the visitors. The hen scratch sprinkled around in the few bare spots of the yard was blanketed by every color of birdie.
I love to watch them! Hope they get their fill befor the next snow comes in.

Diane Amberg

Wilma, aren't those roto rooter jobs amazing? Glad you are back home again and doing so well. :-*

Janet Harrington

I was glad to get my Mother home, too, even though she tried to drive from the passenger seat.

I will correct her about driving the baby to Wichita. I actually took the dad in my ambulance and the Greenwood County EMS took the mother and the baby. I'm not even sure right now if I took all three in my unit from Howard to Eureka or if we were able to take two ambulances to Eureka. Anyway, the ice we drove on was from Howard to Eureka, then from Eureka to El Dorado. That was the year that the state road department started using that liquid stuff to pre-treat the highways. Anyway, when I got west of El Dorado, we had dry roads. What a blessing. As for the dad, he is a truck driver and he said he only felt the ambulance slip one time on the ice. It was such a scary time, that EMS run was. I praise the Lord every time I see this family because they survived this explosion.

This blizzard was really wonderful because the wind blew so hard that it blew the snow right across the highway. however; where the highway was protected by trees or bridges, it became snow packed and icy. Seeing what was coming at you and in front of you was what was hard. However; we made it.

Jon Morris shoveled Mother a path from the carport onto the sidewalk, then shoveled the sidewalk and the wheelchair ramp. I only had one problem with getting her in the house and I hit the little bump thing (I don't know what it is called, stoop maybe), and Mother's chair stopped and Mother sort of went forward. Glad she was hanging on. LOL I couldn't drive the wheelchair near as well as I drove the car.

So glad that we were able to get her home even through a blizzard. Being careful was the ticket for the day.

Teresa

Quote from: Janet Harrington on February 05, 2011, 01:14:50 AM
Glad she was hanging on. LOL I couldn't drive the wheelchair near as well as I drove the car.

:o.. She was hanging on.. because her hands and knuckles were permanently cramped in that position after riding with you in the car! If the whole truth were told.. I bet her mouth was frozen in a silent scream too..
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Wilma

Actually, my mouth wasn't frozen.  Someone had to tell her how to drive.  The really scary part was from the car to the house after she got hold of the wheel chair.  Imagine, 80 miles of snow and blowing snow without incident, then she tries to ditch me on the way to the house.

larryJ

We were going to bring in the Chinese New Year on Thursday (first day) but it was inconvenient for my daughter and her family to get from their jobs in LA home to pick up Granddaughter #2 and then back to LA, to Chinatown, for dinner.  I wasn't really up to snuff that day so I arranged with my daughter-in-law that we would do the dinner on Saturday which was fine with her.  Everyone was happy with that arrangement except for my control freak as-------- brother-in-law who insisted the dinner go on as expected and to heck with anyone who couldn't make it.  So, as I understand it, my son and his family did go to Chinatown on Thursday to have dinner with the as-----------.  

So, today we all met in Chinatown at the jeweler's shop who are friends and then walked to the restaurant for dinner.  Even the as--------------- showed up for dinner which, as far as I was concerned, he had already celebrated and didn't need to be at this one.  

But, it is a Happy New Year, and we toasted it and dined on scrumptious Chinese food and I had a long conversation with my son which doesn't happen as often as it should.  I got to enjoy all three granddaughters, two older ones dressed in Chinese pajamas, courtesy of my wife.  And, a hug and a kiss from my beautiful Chinese daughter-in-law, which should also happen more often.  And, the best part---------------------------

SOMEBODY ELSE PAID FOR DINNER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

patyrn

Isn't this the Year of the Rabbit in the Chinese world?

Roma Jean Turner

Yes, I believe that is correct Patryn.

Here we go gang, they just did the coin toss.  Time to pull out the junk food and hunker down.  Happy Super Bowl.. I decided to cheer for the Packers since that is who my youngest neice is for.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk