What Are You Doing For Excitement Today?

Started by Wilma, September 04, 2009, 07:36:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

larryJ

Yeah, well, it has pretty much come down to that.  My wife has become highly stressed with this and still having her back injuriy problems only makes things worse.  She has reached the point where she is done.  Which is sad, she has looked after her sister all of her life, but the lady is now 53 years old and probably will lose her job and probably won't have a place to go.  My wife says that is too bad, she is also done.  She has two grown sons in Idaho that really don't want to deal with her either, but she does have friends there.  (Perhaps they are friends as long as she is out of state..........)  For now, she is on her own.  Sorry, but it has to be that way.  Like you say, sometimes you just have to wave the white flag. Maybe the "tough love" idea is valid here.   BTW, thanks for listening.

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Jo McDonald

Don't take any guilt to bed with you tonight --- Rest, and know that you and your wife did the best you could for her sister and now it is in the hands of the one qualified best to handle this sort of thing.  Forgive her for being this way ( which is evidently beyond her control ) and forgive yourselves for being relieved that your duty is over.
 Give the problem to God --- he will handle it.

You and your loving wife, take care of one another.

Jo
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Wilma

I was going to tell you about another problem that I have, but Larry has the all time biggest problem that could happen so I guess I won't.  On the other hand, maybe I should.  Maybe Larry will feel better.  But then, my problem is actually a small one and my own fault.  What the heck, why shouldn't I feel better, too.

My sewer drain is plugged up.  I mean, "PLUGGED".  Son-in-law came around to see what he could do and now the clean out cap is off and the house is draining out onto the ground.  I will run only clean water until I can get a plumber here.  The plug is about thirty feet from the clean-out.  I have called our local plumber, but he is involved with the mud run today.  Hopefully he can get here tomorrow.  I also tried Roto Rooter, but they don't have a franchise in this area so they can't send anyone out.  Rather use the local anyway.

sixdogsmom

Yuk! The only thing worse than a leak is a stopped up drain line! My sympathies Wilma. Larry, I know that your sister-in-law has had ongoing problems; however you and your wife are not obligated to take care of her for the duration. You have had your turn, now it is somebody elses. Sounds like you both are past your limit, too bad.

An update here, Minnie Jane is doing better, she has only had subcutaneous fluids twice this week, she is eating one to two times daily and drinking water at nearly every offering. She did however refuse the pedia-lyte that the vet ordered instead of water. But I cannot blame her, has anyone ever tasted that stuff? Yuk! We aren't out of the woods yet, but I think we found the path with a few crumbs sprinkled on it. I have my fingers crossed, I know that at some point I will have to part with her, but I'm not ready yet, (I hope). Other than that I helped a little at Tim Mills' 50th birthday party today, they had open house for him at the church fellowship hall. He had a nice turnout, everybody knows Tim, and thinks a lot of him.
Edie

Mom70x7

Larry -

We had to do that with one of Jim's brothers. My kids grew up calling him "Crazy Uncle G...".

It just wipes you out, doesn't it? Even when you know you're doing the right thing; you become exhausted with little tasks.

You're also doing the right thing now, but I completely understand the idea that you had to try. Take a breather, refresh yourselves.

Hey, Wilma - you need some Fabreeze? or candles?

:D :D :D

larryJ

DOESN'T ANYONE OUT THERE HAVE A SNAKE TO CLEAN OUT WILMA'S DRAIN?  SOS! SOS!  SURELY SOMEONE HAS A SNAKE.

SOMEBODY GO TO THE HARDWARE STORE AND GET A 50' SNAKE AND GET OVER TO WILMA'S HOUSE!

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

jarhead

Larry,
I would like to help Wilma out but her problem is nothing like the one I developed today. I have poison Ivy all over my plump little tummy and if you knew me you would know THAT'S A LOT OF POISON IVY !!!
MEDIC-------MEDIC UP !!!!

Diane Amberg

You called? What have you done for it and what were you doing to get it? Have you put your contaminated clothes somewhere so you don't spread it?

jarhead

Diane,
I was calling on Larry the Army medic
What have I done for it ?? Well so far I have been scooting around the yard on my belly like a wormy dog---trying to relieve the itch.
Hell no I aint getting rid of my contaminated clothes. Saving them to take to the water plant tomorrow in hopes that ol Sarge gets a dose too. I don't want to suffer alone
As to how I got it, it's a long story---I met this cute little pygmy woman while I was fishing . She was playing hard to get and ran off into what I thought was a patch of weeds but being of fleet foot and moving with the stealth of a cougar I caught Chocolate Drop ( I  aint lying---that's what she told me her name was !!!! ) OK for you, I can tell you don't believe me so I aint telling you the rest of the story.

Wilma

Hey, Larry, do you feel better now?  I do.  Thanks, Jarhead.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk