What Are You Doing For Excitement Today?

Started by Wilma, September 04, 2009, 07:36:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

My treat today was a blue bird in the climbing roses.  I think it had visited the bird bath and was just resting.  It was the first positive blue bird I have see this summer.  I have seen flashes of blue that might or might not have been.  Hope to see more.  Also, two catbirds, who slipped quietly away as soon as I appeared at the window.

frawin

This morning, we stopped and got some Cajun Pies and Sausage Kolaches for breakfast and headed to the opening of the Farmer's Market for the season.  What a variety of fresh foods, beans, peas, carrots, potatoes, beets, lettuce, honey, fresh breads, etc. they brought in.  Then we decided to check out Sun Fest.  They had a wonderful turnout for their car show, lots of food vendors and crafters as well.  There was entertainment in the band shell, dancers, music, and many more acts.  We then came home and worked in the yard, etc.  It was a fun day, but at 100 it was also VERY HOT!!!!

Myrna

Jane

Myrna,
We went to the Farmers Market here in Topeka yesterday. Found tomatoes from Mexico and Missouri. I always buy from a gentleman and his wife that have to be in their 80's. The flowers for sale were great and there was a Jazz band playing that was really good.

frawin

Jane, we are getting tomatoes from our plants in the garden.  We took the first 2 to a lady who is 100 and lives alone in an assisted living complex.  We had promised her we would, and she was thrilled to get them!!!  She is very sharp and loves to have visitors.  Now we are eating BLT's and loving it!  Also have yellow Bell peppers ready to pick!  So, we will be eating stuffed peppers this week.  We really enjoy the fresh garden veggies!

Myrna

Wilma

If there were a happy face for jealousy on here, I would use it.

Diane Amberg

Judy Harder

Me too. My tomato's are blooming very well, but they are being a little slow about forming little-green balls.
The blooms are NOT falling off, so I am still looking for progress. peppers are forming little green pellets now.....and all
my cukes are starting to develop extra growth.
I did prune with help from one of the guys down here the tree back some so I could get more sunlight on the patch.
Now, it is a wait and see. It has only been this past week that it has been warm enough to encourage growth.
I am looking forward to zuchinni and all those summer squash people love to share. My hand will be out this year.
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Diane Amberg

My toms are blooming, but no babies yet here either. We've been eating lettuce, radishes and scallions for awhile. I saw our first lightning bugs a few minutes ago. Summer is here!

W. Gray

Just a comment:

We do not have lighting bugs where I live.

Been here 30 years and that was one of the biggest disappointments of first arriving here.

"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Wilma

My excitement today is that a nephew found me through the forum.  That is, he found my e-mail address and e-mailed me.  I hadn't heard from him since his mother died several years ago.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk