What Are You Doing For Excitement Today?

Started by Wilma, September 04, 2009, 07:36:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diane Amberg

We did some transplanting of Hosta this morning. I'm creating a new little flower bed by the front porch where the Japanese Holly used to be that was destroyed by the 2009 snow storms. We put in a bunch of daffodils there last fall and they are blooming beautifully now, so we divided some Hosta to edge the bed. I've got some Astilbe and Liatris to divide and transplant soon also. It's very cool here and we finished just as the sky opened up again. Your last storm is coming up the coast here today with heavy rains and wind yet to come. It's expected to be another bad one. Have a good day everyone.

sodbuster

Cooking a ham. Figuring out why all the military jets and helicopters have been flying overhead every 30 minutes. (Could be because the Prez is coming to visit). Wondering if the "little" earthquake we had yesterday on the anniversary of the 1906  San Francisco earthquake was a precursor to things to come. And most importantly reading the Elk County Forum which I love.

David
Breathe deep the gathering gloom,Watch lights fade from every room.Bedsitter people look back and lament,Another day's useless energy spent.Impassioned lovers wrestle as one,Lonely man cries for love and has none.New mother picks up and suckles her son,Senior citizens wish they were young.MoodyBlues

sixdogsmom

Getting caught up on the forum, email, and facebook. 'Puter has been toes up since Saturday, requiring a visit from the magic machine man Marvin and his Lazy Bears. He told me that my hard drive is getting old. Hmmpp! I would never have said that to him. Lol!  ::) ::)
Edie

Diane Amberg

Maybe that's why I'm tired this evening.! My hard drive is getting old too.  ;D  I worked this afternoon and fell asleep right after we ate dinner. zzzzzz

Roma Jean Turner

Really am packing the car to go to Moline, (didn't go last weekend like I planned).  Ready to mow and just have a mellow trip.  Hope it will be nice bicycling weather.

Judy Harder

This is Kansas. What you get is what you get. It will be nice, or not............rainy or not; cold or not,
But, you will do just fine. Oh, the wind always blows..........somedays worse than others.........LOL
at times there isn't enough hairspray in the world that would keep hair in place. Even wonder if it causes
baldness? Ever think of that. My hair keeps getting thin............doc says it is due to age, medicine and maybe
the Chem-o that I had to cure my cancer........but, I am not sure it isn't the Kansas wind! Think about it!!!!
Have a good and safe trip.
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Diane Amberg

Al had his annual Polio check up in west Philly today. The doc is suggesting he try some new even lighter carbon fiber leg braces that have recently been developed. He still has the usual muscle fatigue and achy pains, but over all has not deteriorated since last year's check up .Good news. We stopped at a good deli on the way home for huge pastrami and corned beef with Russian dressing and Cole Slaw sandwiches. I brought half home it was so big.Yummy!

sodbuster

(What I am doing today and tomorrow.) Preparing the Cinco de Mayo feast for my friends and neighbors. On the menu Carne Asada tacos, homemade Salsa Cesare, Tomatillo Avacado Salsa, Flan, Strawberry shortcake, Spanish rice, refried beans, steamed artichokes, and a big helping of love for my friends and neighbors.

David
Breathe deep the gathering gloom,Watch lights fade from every room.Bedsitter people look back and lament,Another day's useless energy spent.Impassioned lovers wrestle as one,Lonely man cries for love and has none.New mother picks up and suckles her son,Senior citizens wish they were young.MoodyBlues

Diane Amberg

larryJ

Hey, David, be careful!  Or, let someone else cook!  Don't need any repeats! :laugh:

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk