What Are You Doing For Excitement Today?

Started by Wilma, September 04, 2009, 07:36:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bonnie M.

What I'm doing for excitement is trying to stay awake!  I arrived home last night, after having a wonderful trip to Ireland.  We saw so much, Ireland is beautiful, everything is so green and pretty, the weather was perfect and the people were so very nice & friendly.  Our group all stayed well, so, all in all, we considered it a most successful trip.  I did wonder what was going on "at home," though.  It will take me a long time to get caught up on all of the news.  We left Dublin yesterday morning, flew around 3,500 miles in 7 hours to  Newark, NJ., had a 4 hour lay-over, then flew around 3,000 miles in 6 hours to San Diego.   There is 8 hours difference in our time, from Dublin and California.  PTL, for a safe trip.
Bonnie

larryJ

Welcome back home to sunny California, Bonnie.  I am glad you had such a wonderful trip and got back to us safe and sound.

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Judy Harder

Welcome home......I missed you and your wonderful notes/essays..........LOL
I know you are playing Catch-UP" and will wait a few days before I start spaming you.....LOL
I worked election yesterday and We had a very good day. Longton was out for a change and I don't know who
won.......absentee ballots still have to be counted...........but, I do know we had almost 180 all together and we never had time
to get bored, all day.

Again welcome home. Can't wait to chat...........Hugs
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Diane Amberg

I'm ready to hear some good stories from the land of the green.

patyrn

I just got home to OKC from a quick weekend in Wichita, accompanying my great-niece as she played a tuba solo in the district music competition.  She got a I rating (highest), and we will go to Emporia in three weeks for the state competition.  I have played for her at contest all through her high school years, and she is a very talented musician who will graduate in May and head to K-State next year.  We're all very proud of Sidney!!!!  I so enjoy working with her and will miss our "teamwork" as she graduates.

larryJ

For some time now, my wife has been trying to convince her older cousin to move from Chicago to Los Angeles, more specifically, with us.  Well, the decision was made a few months ago, and at long last, she arrived last night.  We went to pick her up and brought her home to her new digs.  I don't know her future plans, that is, how long she will stay with us, or anything about what she wants to do.  She is 64, never been married, always took care of her parents until they passed.  She is a very pleasant person although somewhat paranoid (that runs in their side of the family) and just nice to be around.  She is a CPA, but not licensed in this state.  I don't know if she will want to go to the trouble to do that as she is close to retirement age.  ANYWAY,  she is here and R.A.M.B.O just adores her so everything is good.

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

W. Gray

Patyrn,

Every time I hear the word tuba, it brings this rendition to mind

"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Judy Harder

That was very good. That would jump-start your day if it were an alarm on a clock.........he he...thanks for sharing.
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

patyrn

That was good, Waldo!  I am impressed with the different types of music that can sound great played on the low brass.  When I was growing up, the lower instruments were delegated just for ump-pah, ump-pah background.  My niece has been in a select band in Wichita that puts on some of the best concert performances, and the tubas really get to be featured in some of the selections in a very melodic manner. 

Janet Harrington

How lucky your niece is, patryn, to be able to have you accompany her on her tuba. I was always lucky to have Kaye Gifford Tatman play the piano for me when I did my trumpet solos for contest. The last year that I played, I was so sick with pleurisy that I was not able to play. I don't think I ever got above a II rating. I think I did go to state contest and sing a solo and got a II rating. I think my memory is correct on that. Seems like the older I get the less the memory is. Anyway, what fun for you and your niece.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk