What Are You Doing For Excitement Today?

Started by Wilma, September 04, 2009, 07:36:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mom70x7

ooohh - missed the wellness center!  :(

Went to the dedication at Jackson Park - met Waldo!  :D

Played the piano, etc. for a wedding - yes, I cry at weddings  :'( - gotta go back and get ready for church tomorrow.

Waiting for family to come home tonight.

Beautiful weather day - lots of people out and about. It's a good time to be in Howard, Kansas.

larryJ

Amazing how your plans don't always work out.  We wound up enjoying our two granddaughters while mommy and daddy packed for the big move to their new house next month.  AND, my two in-laws, wife's brother and sister, made their weekly visit to eat food and use the computer, etc.  Tomorrow I am hoping for some peace and quiet. LOL.

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Diane Amberg

larryJ

Nope, about the same distance (4 miles) just in a different direction. 

No peace and quiet today.  My sister-in-law will be with us for a while and we had to clean a spot in the garage for her things.

Larryj

sixdogsmom

Well Larry, you are blessed with family! I remember when I was a very young woman, my Brother-In-Law taought me to play cribbage. I loved it, but didn't have an opportunity to play again. Now I haven't the vaguest notion as to how it is played!  :D
It might be fun to relearn the game.
Edie

Ms Bear

I used to like to play cribbage, learned from my parents and then learned again from my late husband.  Haven't played since he got sick and can't remember but it was easy to relearn.  I have a board that my Uncle made from Walnut wood from the property my grandparents bought from my grandfathers uncle.  He had planted the trees around 1900.

Jo McDonald

My very good friend ( since 1950 ) and I went to New York City on the Amtrack in 1989, to visit her son.  On the way she taught me to play cribbage.  What a wonderful game for 2 people.  I have played very little since, but received a board for Christmas one year.  I would love to re-learn the game, and hopefully one of these days I will.  I love all card games and board games. 
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

sixdogsmom

Well Jo, I don't particularly like all card games; had some bad experiences with an abusive ex over pinocle of all things! But I do like pitch, spades, gin, and rummy. I play online solitaire a lot. I would like to learn to play the real version of Mah-jong, not just the online matchup games. I get tired of board games real fast, but there is a lot of fun to be had with Jitterbug and Monopoly if not carried on too long.
Edie

Jo McDonald

When I married into the McDonald family -- the card game that was ALWAYS played was 500.  That took me a while to really get the play just right, and it is a GREAT game that requires skill to win.  Then we learned bridge and then double deck pinochle --  Just as I said,  I love ALL card games, but my VERY favorite is Bridge.
I could play that game every day.  I do play on line with other players.  I play hearts, and spades with the robots, but that is definitely NOT my favorite.  Give me REAL partners, and I am one happy person.  Fred likes 500 - pitch - spades and pinochle.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

larryJ

Sorry, I hate to be negative, as it only happens rarely.  Having my sister-in-law here is not exactly a wonderful thing if you get my drift.  Suffice to say, my wife is doing her a tremendous favor as they do not "live together" well.  But, family is family and you gotta do what ya gotta do.  She probably will not be here long as she would rather live on her own which is just not possible for her right now.  My family (wife, children, grandchildren) are truly a blessing.

As for games, I have online solitaire which I play daily.  I have an online video poker game I play occasionally.  We have always played rummy cubes, yahtzee, monopoly, Uno, Skip Bo and scrabble.  Probably others that I can't think of right now.  I am currently teaching the 4 year old to play uno and she loves it.  And, it helps her to remember her numbers.  Tricky papa!!

Larryj

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk