What Are You Doing For Excitement Today?

Started by Wilma, September 04, 2009, 07:36:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ms Bear

That is very good news, I am sure he was happy to be home and back in his normal enviroment.

Roma Jean Turner

So happy for you to have Onie home and healing. 

Diane Amberg

Edie, we're so happy to hear your good news! You must be hugely relieved.
  Al had his cataract surgery appointment at 6:00 this morning at a Wills Eye Surgery Center 40 min. north of us. All went well and we were done and back home in Newark at Mc Donald's for a light breakfast by 10:15. He had his left eye done 20 years ago, so now he has a matching set. That's one more thing where modern medicine is amazing.
Are your spring bulbs showing up now? I've got drifts of snow drops and lots of snow crocus.
Not to brag, but did you see our Delaware boy, Luke Matheny, won an Academy Award for his short film "God of Love?" We are all so pleased for him. He enjoyed the after parties, but he lost his keys at one of them and  then his car got towed. So much for Tinsel Town fantasy.

Wilma

My crocus has been blooming for more than a week now.  There are tulips coming up here and there and the Star of Bethlehem is coming up all over the yard.  The surprise lilies are up really good.  I haven't checked the forsythia yet for buds.

Does anyone have jonquils blooming?  They usually start blooming around the first of March.

W. Gray

The wife has crocus blooming but no tulips yet.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

jarhead

It wasn't very exciting making the 25 lbs of scrapple today, but I'm very excited about sinking my gums into a mess of it for breakfast tomorrow morning.

Jo McDonald

SCRAPPLE~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~YUM !!!!!!!!!
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Roma Jean Turner

Diane Amberg

Everything but the oink! It's like mush but made of pork, cornmeal and spices, cooked and molded into pans. Great sliced and fried.

Judy Harder

I have started Walking across Kansas. This morning I really got a good fast walk in.
First had to walk to the bank to get change for washer and dryer and the grocery store and
back home to put laundry in.
While dryer was going I bundled up (just a little nippy) and the dogs and I headed north to the creek and we did not stop to smell the roses.........Kept a good clip going and even they enjoyed the faster pace. Stopped at the garage to pay on my bill and now I am home and can record the time on my paper.
I hope you all who signed up to Walk across Kansas hit the floor running, too. With the weather changing tomorrow may be wet and miserable so will walk here on the machine in the recreation room.
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk