What Are You Doing For Excitement Today?

Started by Wilma, September 04, 2009, 07:36:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roma Jean Turner

One time I actually called 911 to send an ambulance because I saw a man laying face down in a yard across the street.  When I rushed over to help I found the man was laying on the grounc reaching down is this hole working on a water pipe.  Ha ha  I was embarresed as the ambulance and everone in the neighborhood arrived on the scene.

Roma Jean Turner

Does anyone want to meet for dinner tomorrow night at the Swinging Bridge Cafe around 6?  I am in Moline.  Yeah.

Diane Amberg

Did you get to have your get together? Hope so!

larryJ

Up at five, normal, turned on the laptop, normal, drank my coffee, normal, checked my mail, normal, did the Times crossword, normal, starting baking gluten free muffins for the Celiac Disease Meeting----huh?  Yep, I actually started and finished two dozen muffins for the meeting.  And, I even got one or two compliments.  24 muffins, well, 23, I had one to make sure they were good enough.  Approximately 30 people at the meeting and I came home with 5.  Let me see if I got the math right here.  23 muffins went, 5 came back, equals 18 were eaten, meaning 12 didn't try one.  Oh, well, that's 5 for me.

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Roma Jean Turner

Diane, no one from the site came.  But talked to people at the restaurant who new my family, talked about my Dad and Grandad Turner's newspaper column.  One lady there had worked with my stepmother in the sixties.  I had a real enjoyable time.  I decided not to go to the wine tasting tonight.  Lost my checkbook somewhere this afternoon and have just torn the car and house apart and can't find it.  I hope someone finds it and just takes it to the bank in Moline or Howard, it was my local checking account.  My name and my neices name is on the checks along with the PO Box here in Moline, but no phone numbers.  Checked the Swinging Bridge Cafe and the Post Office, but didn't find it there.  Frustrated with myself today.

Ole Granny

Have you moved totally or just there for the weekend?
"Perhaps they are not the stars in the sky.
But rather openings where our loved ones,
Shine down to let us know they are happy."
Eskimo Legend

Roma Jean Turner

Just here for a few days working on the house.  My goal is to get everything here next month.

Mom70x7

So sorry about the dinner. I forgot about it - was still working on the church's bulletin. Welcome to Elk County for the weekend. Hope your checkbook turns up soon.

Diane Amberg

Roma Jean, did your check book turn up? Usually when I've "lost'' mine it turns up in a jacket pocket or pants pocket I forgot I had been wearing.

patyrn

I played a piano duet with my friend for church this morning, and it went so well.  It's been a LONG TIME since I've gotten to do that - maybe since high school, many years ago.  It was a lot of fun, and turned out to be very melodic and meaningful. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk