What Are You Doing For Excitement Today?

Started by Wilma, September 04, 2009, 07:36:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judy Harder

My daughter and her family live in Wisconsin. Altho Robyn does not like to watch sports unless her boys are playing, she still
finds herself rooting for the Packers.
I really don't care who wins this year. Just want a good game.
I really like the commercials and am heading that way to watch them.
My back is to tv and I listen more than watch; I have had enough computers today and am gone.
Have a good night.
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Diane Amberg

There is hope! We got above freezing for awhile this afternoon and a sunny patch in the front yard is finally free of snow. A big flock of robins came out of the woods across the street and went over every bit of green grass looking for a snack.

Roma Jean Turner

WOW!  the 10 day forcast for Elk Co looks great.  I think I may come down later in the week and bring a carload of things.  Don't want to mess with a trailer right now.  I'll let everyone know and maybe anyone who wants can meet me at the Swinging Bridge Cafe for a visit.  I am excited.

larryJ

We had a fun day.  There are some one room cottages, some with a loft, located in Oceanside.  My wife used to go there with her family when she was a kid.  One of them is privately owned and if you want to stay there in the summer, you must reserve it now.  These cottages are on the beach and the one we rented for our summer trip is the best, with a loft and sleeping accomodations for four.  There is a porch facing the ocean so you can sit there and soak up the sun and watch the girls go by in their bikinis on roller skates or bikes or just walking.  We went today because we wanted to see what we were getting into.  We were really impressed so much so, that realizing our daughter was on vacation next week, we rented it for the last week in February.  Just me and what's-her-name, no kids, no dogs, nobody but us.  Supposedly it is wired for internet so I will be taking the laptop with me.  If it doesn't work, then no Slice Of Wry for eight days.  bummer.

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Diane Amberg

Now that's the way to end February! I guess it doesn't matter as much out where you are, but it sure sounds good to me.

jarhead

Yee Haw !! Dirt fishing is starting to pay off. Me and the trusty ol metal detector found our first silver coin today. 6 inches deep and thar she laid. A 1911 -S Barber Dime but you hide and watch--that ol Sarge will try to tell me it was his and he lost it back when he was a pup.

Ms Bear

Jarhead, that is wonderful.  Hope there will still be something left for Roma and me to help you dig up.

Larry, that sounds like a wonderful way to spend a week.  Love the Pacific coast, so different from the Gulf.

Janet Harrington

Jarhead, I wonder how much that would be worth?

Roma Jean Turner

I saw an article in the Prairie Star about a wine tasting at Poplar Pizza Saturday night.  It talked about being able to buy tickets but didn't say how much they were.  Does anyone know?  If I come down and stay for the weekend, I will want to go.  Thanks.

greatguns

Janet, it probably means Jarhead is now worth a dime. ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk