What Are You Doing For Excitement Today?

Started by Wilma, September 04, 2009, 07:36:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diane Amberg

Larry, I hope I didn't sound like I was just being nosy. I was hoping your son made a big stack of bills for his charity. Maybe he still did! I also hope all goes well with your wife's adventure going to the Doc's office. Beverly Hills huh, sounds pretty fancy to me. ;)

Ms Bear

Thank you for all your prayers and words of encouragement.  He is so tiny and perfect.  Couldn't believe how much hair he has.  I know he has a long road ahead but I was very encouraged after seeing him.  Now I can't wait until I can hold him someday.

larryJ

No, Diane, you are not being nosy.  It was a good question, one that I wanted to know the answer to myself. 

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Roma Jean Turner

Made it through the 3 days of seminars, learned some neat things.  Got a great software program for Auriculotherapy (ear acupuncture), got a new laser to treat acupuncture points with.  Got adjusted and had some acupuncture on myself.  What a relief to have this done and I feel better.  Anway, tomorrow, have friends coming to haul some things out of here to the junk yard and take some of the furniture I don't want, also help me pack.  Hope to have the house cleaned out enough to put on the market in a couple of weeks.  Maybe I can even get moved to Moline before March.  Elk Co here I come!!!!!!!

sixdogsmom

Do Not Get Rid Of The Snow Shovel!!!! I Repeat! Do Not---- oh never mind! Hope that is all over with by the time you get here Roma Jean. Stay safe!
Edie

Judy Harder

Edie, I have kept a snow shovel IN MY Apartment all winter.
Only had to use it twice.
Let me explain.
I have to put Scooter on a line. He runs off and comes home when he is ready. Eats every thing that doesn't eat him and at 15 he is too arthritic to let go and expect him to come back.
So, to put him out when the concrete pad is slick (slick is worse; I can't stand up on it, or snow packed (some times I can just barely get my door open) I must dig a path to his chain.
Once in a great while, snow has to be up to his nose, I let him go and of course, it is too nasty for him to explore. I also keep (when I am warned) snow melt in and I will use it. Hasn't been too bad, this year. Last year, I got so sick and tired of slick white, stuff. Kind of what the east is going through this year.
Today, I must get a load of laundry done and get some outside chores done before it hits.
Stay safe people. It is going to get nasty!
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

frawin

Watching it snow AGAIN!  I made a kettle of green chili soup and a pan of cornbread for lunch!  We have not been out of the house since Monday evening.  Had no mail or newspaper for 2 days.  We are hoping that this snow today doesn't amount to very much!!!

Myrna

Roma Jean Turner

I'm at my office and the snow flakes just started.  They say only an inch or "so" here.  It's the "so" that could do us in.  Ha, ha.

Judy Harder

I just put the dogs outside to do their jobs and it is snowing AGAIN!......................least it isn't as cold today as it was earlier this week. Right now it is just a dusting, we will see.
Enough all ready!
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Wilma

My excitement this week is over and almost done with.  Monday morning I had surgery to clean out a carotid artery.  The four daughters were there.  The weather was fine when they left.  The plan was to come back the next day to take me home.  Along with Tuesday morning came the blizzard.  My nurse reported that the streets were fine except for the blowing snow.  Janet had said that she would get me home one way or another.  Her way turned out to be flying through the blowing snow at 55 miles per.  Now most of you are probably aghast that she would take her mother out in a blizzard.  You who know her, remember when she drove the ambulance on ice an inch thick to take a burned baby to Wichita to the hospital?  The baby's father rode in front with her and reported that she had no trouble with the ice.  Tuesday she had no trouble with the blizzard.  When we got home, the walks had been shoveled, the ramp was clean and I was glad to be home and not spending another night in the hospital.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk