What Are You Doing For Excitement Today?

Started by Wilma, September 04, 2009, 07:36:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixdogsmom

Awright! Hate those bumps in the road!  :P
Edie

Jo McDonald

WOW  sounds like you have a lot on your plate...so glad you are feeling good and will soon have your "ducks in a row"!

Take care of yourself in the meantime.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Diane Amberg

RJ, what kind of vaccines does Moline require for dogs? I would assume Rabies, anything else? You sound very well organized and are well underway with your list. Will you retire or open up for business again? Uh, am I being too nosy? ;D

Judy Harder

My day has started with an energy fit and I am tired. LOL
The window I sit in front of to play on computer was keeping me cold even tho I sit on top
of a heating element. It was the only one I did not put plastic on, because I like to see out and
watch birds and people and animals and with plastic it does get blurry...........LOL not like my eyes
get blurry..........LOL
I took down drapes and found out the window wasn't shut all the way. Yes it was down, but had
not latched and ice was about an inch thick about 2 or 4 inches up the window. NO WONDER I stay cold
that got taken care of and when I got through I found out Sassy my yorkie had stepped on a piece of the duct
tape I used to hold the plastic in place while I finished fitting it (OH, I make do, with last years plastic and try to recycle) and I just
dropped it on floor and she stepped in it. She never barked or moaned. She knew she was suppose to leave it alone, and didn't..so I spent a bit of time getting it off her foot and then I decided to put Scooter's and Sassy's coats on them and take them out and while out I went to start my car and let it warm up so I could use it later this week.
Need to call a machanic ...battery wants to start but won't.........of course, I got it deiced and since it wouldn't start walked up and got mail.
I am pooped..............and will spend the rest of day either on computer playing or on couch reading and resting.
Have a good day friends. Oh have i told you that I am ready for extra warm days???.............I have had enough winter!
anyone sees Charlie tell him I need a jump-start............LOL bet he is hiding.
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Roma Jean Turner

I fell asleep last night and forgot to turn on the faucets, so of course the pipes were frozen when I got up.  The first plumber was so far behind that he didn't even take my name.  The second said they would be there somewhere between noon and 2:00pm.  So....I got the big old orange cord and my faithful Vornado heater, (they are made in Andover, KS and are great), and stuck it through the crawl space opening under the house right up against the water pipe that comes up out of the ground.  Turned it on high and went back in the house. 25 minutes later the water was running..................I feel so good about that.  Small town Kansas ingenuity.

Diane....so you really think I have a plan?  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:  I have no idea what will happen when I get there.  I truly believe that I am supposed to be there and that if I follow that, God will reveal the rest of the plan to me at the right time.  Treating people is an option, I also have a non denominational ministerial license and doing weddings and funerals, working with the people is something real rewarding to me.  Aunt Roma's Lawn and Pet Sitting Service?   I  am open to all suggestions.  When all else fails I will ride my bike and play mandolin.  So far God has seen to it that I have never gone hungry...I trust I can count on that.

twirldoggy

The pipes that drain my washer were frozen, but I got them unthawed.

Diane Amberg

At least you all are weather wise enough not to use a blow torch or heat gun to defrost the pipes.  We so seldom get down in those single digits that someone will manage to set their house on fire trying to thaw pipes. Good job!

Judy Harder

It happens here, too Diane. Altho a lot of the fires are people putting stuff in front or on top of heaters during summer
and then forget to remove them.
We do get a few chimney fires where people burn wood and they forget to watch what kind of wood they use.
Scarey thing a hot chimney is................I learned my lesson in a hurry. Do not burn elm or anything that hisses and spits and
talks to you...........Oh, dear, I hope people are careful. It is too cold for volunteers to get out and fight fire.
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

twirldoggy

I sure think this weather presents a lot of problems.  I just used hot water too unthaw my pipes, but that doesn't mean they will not be frozen tomorrow morning.

srkruzich

Quote from: Diane Amberg on January 13, 2011, 12:16:19 PM
At least you all are weather wise enough not to use a blow torch or heat gun to defrost the pipes.  We so seldom get down in those single digits that someone will manage to set their house on fire trying to thaw pipes. Good job!
I wish i had a propane torch to thaw mine.  I am tired of no water.  :( 
If it doesn't thaw today i'm going to have to resort to putting coals down aroudn and under the inlet pipes
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk