What Are You Doing For Excitement Today?

Started by Wilma, September 04, 2009, 07:36:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixdogsmom

Nice to hear that everything is a-okay despite his loss.  8)
Edie

Ole Granny

We did business with Dale in the 70's until he retired.  I was not aware he was still doing work.  He use to come to the house and work on our TV since it was a large console.  He kept it running until it finally bit the dust.  My husband always enjoyed visiting with him.  Small world.
"Perhaps they are not the stars in the sky.
But rather openings where our loved ones,
Shine down to let us know they are happy."
Eskimo Legend

Diane Amberg

Al had a bit of excitement early yesterday evening. The old EMT still has it when he needs it!. He was at our local Auto Zone store putting  new windshield wiper blades on his Honda when there was a load "pop"a couple of spaces down from him. An employee had come out to check a man's radiator thermostat for size since the owner had been having overheating problems and the fan had shut down, so he figured he needed a new thermostat.  As the employee was bent over the radiator the top split open and he got scalded in the eyes and face by hot steam and hot radiator anti freeze. Al dived into the store yelling for cold water and some cloths and had the car owner call 911 on his cell, backed up by another call from the store. Another employee grabbed an oil changing pan, filled it with cold water and Al treated the poor man's face and eyes while they waited for our ambulance to arrive.  

Janet Harrington

Diane, that is more excitement then I would want in one day. I was an EMT for 25 years and when I am driving back and forth to Independence, I pray to God that I won't come across something because I don't want to deal with someone being in pain. I can't stand for people or animals to be in pain. It breaks my heart and I have trouble putting it back together again.

Roma, It sounds like you are healing. That is so great. And you are getting married!  WOW! Congratulations.

My Uncle Dale will talk a leg off a table if he thought the table was listening to him. LOL Like mother said, he is a very positive person. The bad thing about the fire is that he will have to pay for the clean-up now as we understand that he did not have insurance on the building or contents. The upside is that maybe he could sell that property for a little bit of money because it is on the corner. I'm just glad his working tools were in his truck because he would be lost without them.

larryJ

Today is our day of Thanksgiving.  Our son and family are back from their trip to San Francisco and our daughter and her familly have been to and enjoyed a Thanksgiving dinner with the in-laws.  So we will trek over to my daughter's house this afternoon and once again, all the family, our two children, our son-in-law, our daughter-in-law, and our three granddaughters, will be together again.  So, I need to get off my duff and get moving.  There will be turkey, of course, but the main entree this year is rib-eye steaks.  YUM!

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Wilma

Yesterday was my day of excitement.  All four of my daughters and two of their spouses were here.  Three of the grandchildren and spouses made it along with their children.  The oldest great grandchild is 20 and her fiance was with her.  Her family is also hosting a foreign exchange student this year and she was also with them.  My youngest great grandhchild is 20 months and all the entertainment anyone needs.  If I am partial to any one of them it is her big sister, 6 years old and in the first grade.  She is just a sweetheart, but then I am not partial to any of them.  I missed the ones that couldn't be with us for the day, but I get to see them once in awhile anyway as they are smart enough to live in Kansas.

Larry, those rib eyes sound so good.  I will be there about the time they are served.  Just have to get my broom out of retirement.

larryJ

Alrighty, then, you are cleared for landing at Ontario Airport.  They have a special area for brooms and a special gate for broom riders.  LOL

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

patyrn

My hand bell choir played for all three services at church today.  Although it made for a long morning - arrived at 7:10 a.m. to get all set up and left at 12:30 p.m. when all the tables were dismantled and bells packed away -- the beautiful Christmas music we shared was very heartwarming.  The congregation responded so warmly, and I love this ministry.  Christmas music reminds us of "the reason for the season". 

Diane Amberg

I'd have loved to have seen that. I can play the vertical chimes but never had time to try to learn the hand bells. They make such a beautiful sound.

patyrn

If you have an interest and ever have a chance to learn to play the hand bells, do it.  There are so many different techniques that can create such diverse effects, and they are so beautiful to listen to.  I love working with the bells. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk