What Are You Doing For Excitement Today?

Started by Wilma, September 04, 2009, 07:36:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jo McDonald

Darn you, Jar --- you received my medical advice that I gave with the purist of thought...not wanting you to waste anything.  You know the rule....."Waste Not--Want Not"
And now --- you wasted it, and I'll still have to want it.

For shame---For shame.

Seriously~~~~~~~~~~~I hope you take care of "whatever" IT is.  Not good to keep an infection.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

larryJ

Jarhead, it is common knowledge that marines don't have hearts, and, if your tummy is as big as you say it is, a toothpick ain't gonna get it.  R.A.M.B.O. doesn't need anymore pinups.  His cage is plastered with them so much that I can't see him at night when he goes in there to sleep.

Diane, don't know yet.  This was the quick and easy kind that has to set on the counter for 24 hours.  It has been 24 hours, but wife is napping and I don't dare try it before her. 

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Janet Harrington

Quote from: larryJ on September 13, 2010, 06:01:40 PM

Diane, don't know yet.  This was the quick and easy kind that has to set on the counter for 24 hours.  It has been 24 hours, but wife is napping and I don't dare try it before her. 
Larryj

Larry, you are a wise man.  LOL

Ms Bear

Janet is right, you are a very smart man.

In Texas the only fresh fruits we get for Jelly are Muscadine, Blackberries and Jalapenos (oops, not a fruit but sure good on cornbread).  I have tame Blackberries and Plums in my yard but haven't made jelly since my husband passed away.

larryJ

BREAKING NEWS ON THE STRAWBERRY JELLY!!!!!!!!

While my wife was working on something for us to eat last night, she mentioned the jelly and asked if I had tried it.  I could truthfully and honestly say that I did not try it!  :angel:

So, I put some on a piece of bread and we had a taste------------------------------------

WAIT FOR IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We did an outstanding job.  The strawberry jelly was absolutely delicious.  In fact, I have already had three slices of toast this morning with the jelly.  Therefore, we will make more with the rest of our strawberries. 

Thank you all for your interest and encouragements, well, interest anyhow.   :laugh: :laugh:

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Diane Amberg

Hooray!  Larry, I've been waiting all day to hear about your adventure. I'm still doing tomatoes. The stink bugs are attacking so I really have to get the toms off the vines and in the house soon. I finished with the whole ones and am now making sauce.

Ms Bear

Those sound so good Diane, I haven't canned anything since before my husband died.  We canned everything we could get our hands on, most of it out of the garden he loved.

twirldoggy

Home canned tomatoes are the best for using in all your homemade dishes.  So much better than commercially made.

Diane Amberg

I do hope you are all watching your weather! Wichita just got some heavy stuff and it's more or less headed your way.I thought your tornado season was over!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk