What Are You Doing For Excitement Today?

Started by Wilma, September 04, 2009, 07:36:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diane Amberg

Is this one of your little senior citizens? Glad she's a bit better.

larryJ

yeeeeaahhhhh!  We have arrived, are in the room, and my laptop works here----------------first time I ever tried this.  Yeeeeaaahhh!

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

sixdogsmom

Diane, Minnie Jane is 17 as of July 3. She has been a pretty healthy little gal with the exception of tummy problems probably related to the liver problem she is currently having. Happily she ate good again this morning, and feels like her body temp is approaching normal; it was low yesterday. She is also slowing down on the water consumption. As soon as both outputs start functioning properly, I will say that we dodged the bullet this time. Dr.Fechter had me call her today so that she could decide if we need to flush some more. She said that it sounds like we do not need to do anything more but to call her if anything new happens. I know that I will have to part with her some time in the future, but I am just not ready yet.
Edie

Diane Amberg

Six, sure glad she's giving you some more time to be together.
   Larry, congratulations on your successful internet hook up. Isn't it fun to be away and yet not leave your friends behind? So what's fun to see in  Camarillo?

larryJ

Well, there is a shopping center around the corner which has a restaurant called "Eggs 'n' Things, just about the greatest breakfast you could ever have.  On the other side of the freeway, the Camarillo Outlet Mall, which we stopped at last week on the way home and of course, the BEACH. 

When we left our house, the temp was around 88.  We drove across the San Gabriel Valley into the Glendale-Burbank area and on through the San Fernando Valley to Thousand Oaks where there is a traditional pit stop for our family -- has been for many years.
It is a McDonalds and we stop for the bathrooms and sometimes we eat and sometimes just get something to drink.  The temp at Thousand Oaks was 106.  We drove over the hill and into the Camarillo area and the temp dropped 22 degrees to 84! 

First order of the day-------------take a nap!

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Judy Harder

I have had a very good day! I think it is about time.
No my allergies are acting up badly, but my inhalers seem to be helping.............

This is the 22 annual Dyer Coed Softball tournament time and I was there to start the games this morning. Sat alarm for 5 but my inner alarm kept waking me up before time.........1AM nature called,
3 thought it was time to get up, looked at clock, went back to sleep, 3:45, woke again, checked clock, 4, same thing, 4:30 I gave up and got up.

Dogs were excited to have me up. breakfast was early this morning and Scooter would rather eat than sleep, and never, ever refuses his meals. Unless he is sick. That is a different story.

So, get things together, post on forum and take shower, than slowly get car loaded with needed things. I did take a sweat shirt, a wind breaker.keep 2 blankets in car, took pillow.
Oh did I tell you I keep score and in the building it is breezy and has a back door and a wide window we can see game and believe me it gets cold in there.

OK you get the picture..I did take enough of the right jackets and stayed comfy. until the dust started getting stirred and then my allergies got active.

The games have been very good. A couple of the teams had trouble getting their players there but the finally showed up. and when I came home around 7:30 all games were on time with the final one due to be played at 10.

I am not too tired and the weather has been perfect. Not too cold, not too hot and as of when I left no injurys, except minor ones and tomorrow there will be a lot of stiff and sore weekend warriors.

That was my day. I sat out and visited with my friends, special friend Sharon and her family and anyone else who would talk. I got lots of hugs from people I hadn't seen since last year. A few of the young people are still glad to see me and act it...........and I really love what I do and what they do.

When the games first started, I did play on a team. Not welll, but played and enjoyed myself. then I started getting hurt, not bad, but sense enough to think about quitting. then I started helping with the books and it just grew into a super once a year job. This has led to me scorekeeping for the highschool, but as long as I can see and sit up will do it.

Now I need to unwind, and get ready for tomorrow.
Edie, you are getting the virus I got last week, took the sap right out of me and I still don't have the stamina to be physical. but it is coming back. You pop a tylenol or whatever and rest. Course, I had no choice but to rest body just went low, very low. Lasts about a day or so. hang in there.

Boy, my hands has missed typing today..............Have a super Sunday. I hope I can post devotions tomorrow, if not will be back Monday, the Good Lord willing, and the creek is dry.
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Roma Jean Turner

greatguns

Went to visit my Mother today.  It was such a lovely day we decided to go for a little drive.  We went to Dexter to Henry's candy.  On south to Shidler, OK.  Then we went a little farther south to Cushing, east to Drumright, north to Pawhuska and had supper at Bad Brad's BBQ then back to her house at 10:00 P.M and now I am back in Piedmont America.  Maybe 458 miles is more than a little drive, but we had fun and blew the dust off.LOL

Ms Bear

Greatguns, that sounds like a great drive.  I am sure your mother enjoyed it.  I haven't been to any of those places but enjoy a good drive in any area.

Mom70x7

It's a beautiful drive! Totally opposite of the "flat Oklahoma, flat Kansas" image.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk