What Are You Doing For Excitement Today?

Started by Wilma, September 04, 2009, 07:36:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roma Jean Turner

I am making my last car payment today.  Surreal.....altered state..huge.  Think I will treay myself to a nice lunch to celebrate.

Diane Amberg

Congratulations! That must really feel wonderful.

Wilma

I replaced the bolts that hold the seat on the bathroom commode.  What was exciting about that?  One of them is so rusted that we couldn't get it out, but we did get the other one out.  Found that the nut, which was plastic, was broken so couldn't be tightened.  Daughter went to the local hardware store and brought home a packaged bathroom seat bolt replacement kit, containing two plastic bolts, two nuts and two washers.  Optimistically, I took the new plastic bolt to the stool and tried to insert it in the appropriate hole.  Wouldn't fit.  Was too big.  This in a replacement item.  Daughter took the rusted bolt to the store and came home with a new metal bolt of the right size.  With two daughters working on it, it was installed, the seat is no longer loose and Grandma is no longer in danger of falling off the toilet.

BUT, shouldn't a replacement item fit the hole for which it is designed?  I looked at the package, feeling certain that it was made in China.  It wasn't made anywhere.  It was made for a company in Illinois and sold under a license for another company.  So where was this replacement bolt made?  In the USA or in China or in Bangledesh?

twirldoggy

Wilma I have found that no matter what small repair you are doing, you dont have the right size nut, bolt or screwdrivwer!!!

Wilma

But shouldn't the one that you buy that is packaged as a replacement for the bad one be the same size as the one it is supposed to replace?  It was only about 1/20 of an inch too big, but too big is too big when the hole doesn't stretch or the bolt sqeeze.

Ms Bear

Sounds like the person that designed it had never replaced one.  Probably doesn't know how to use a wrench either.

Roma, I hope you did get to celebrate.  I can't wait to get mine paid off and then will pay off the house next.  It seems like that is still a dream but will be reality in the near future.

Diane Amberg

Hi. I'm back home after having the procedure and a nice breakfast.The prep is awful but everything went well. There was one tiny polyp that was removed and has been sent off for biopsy. They take photos of everything now, so I have copies I can send for Christmas cards to all my older friends, who will understand.

Mom70x7

I just made some "monkey bread" only I used garlic and seasonings instead of the sugar and cinnamon. Smells wonderful!

Diane Amberg

Ole Granny

"Perhaps they are not the stars in the sky.
But rather openings where our loved ones,
Shine down to let us know they are happy."
Eskimo Legend

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk