What Are You Doing For Excitement Today?

Started by Wilma, September 04, 2009, 07:36:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roma Jean Turner

Had a great night here at my stepsisters, The Weddle's, in Wichita.  Lots of lights and decorations complete with a fog machine and all the family.  Great food as well.  We are blessed.  I am going to try to go to the Elk Co Historical Society meeting in Moline on my way back to Springfield tomorrow.

larryJ

I stated that we usually get around 70 kids each year.  I guess more parents are taking their kids to organized parties such as my daughter did.  We only had 48 last night.  Interestingly enough, some of the parents dress up in really nice costumes.  I had a King complete with robe and sceptor and crown bring his kids to the door.  One of the mothers brought four kids to the door dressed in mediocre costumes, but she was dressed as a flamenco dancer in a black lacy gown and a large tiara atop her head.  Also, I had mothers come to the door carrying infants that don't have teeth yet trick or treating.  One little boy insisted that I didn't put a candy in his bag, so I had to give him two.

Today, nothing planned yet, but the boss is still in bed.

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Joanna

I'm baking some pumpkin pies and ginger bread.  Later I'll load them up for a short trip; Marty, Clay and I are going to my folks for the best fried chicken ever, and Chris, Dana, Aiden and Bear are stopping in for a short visit.  What a beautiful way to start the month!

PS... any meal at Mom's house is the "best ever."  Just being with family & friends makes it a special event  :)

larryJ

One year old granddaughter was very sick over the weekend and needed a trip to the ER Sunday night, but is doing better today.  However, as all parents know, when one gets it, the other one is going to get it.  So, when the four year old came over this morning, she looked a little peaked and went into Nana's room and went back to sleep like she always does.  When it came time for her to get up and get ready for school, she came into the kitchen and told me she had a tummy ache.  I felt her face and she was hot.  She had a 100.2 fever.  So she is drinking a lot of liquids, had a shot of tylenol and some oatmeal and an apple and now the temp is back to normal.  Anything I had scheduled today is on hold so I may sit with her all day and read and watch cartoons and color and play on the computer.  That is my job and schedule for today.

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Lookatmeknow!!

I made some Peanut Butter and Jelly muffins for the afterschool snack.  Hope the kids like them.  I haven't tried one yet.  They have been hot.
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

Diane Amberg

Tracked down the identity of the last of the fire prevention winners. Made 30 phone calls to parents ( or left messages on their machines ) about the evening at the fire house when they come pick up their awards. Called the Ladies Aux. to do the refreshments for the awards thing and the kids Christmas party.  Found out we also had 4 winners at the county level, so Al and I will go to the county awards luncheon to represent our fire company. Went to New Castle County's medicare and insurance information meeting and signed up for their prescription part and got my questions answered....sort of.  Filled out the paperwork for Medicare (gulp).  Ordered a lot of stuff for our Aetna kids' Christmas party on Dec.13. Started trying to put the basement back together( had a new fancy furnace and air conditioner installed. It better come up and wash dishes as fancy as it is. It doesn't have a thermostat, it has a command center! We had light frost last night so I need to go get the rest of the peppers now.

Tobina+1

Changing poopy diapers, feeding, changing poopy diapers, feeding... checking the forum during naps for a quick bit to see what's been going on... I know; I should be sleeping, too!

"Granny Nanny" left this morning (sniff  :'( ), so we'll try and learn to get by without her cooking, cleaning, laundry, and moral support. 

I'll tell you what, the Walgreens photo center is GREAT for long-distance grandma's and grandpa's!  We've uploaded a bunch of picts and had them ready for 1 hour pick up at the Walgreens in Florida for Chuck's parents.  How cool is that?  And right now, prints are only $0.10 each!

Wilma

I was wondering what was missing here and realized that we hadn't heard from Larry.  Then I realized that I hadn't even seen this thread for awhile, let alone added anything to it.  So here goes.  No, I am not watching the water rise in the rain gauge.  Today I am on my own.  Daughter has gone to school and won't be home until dark so I can do whatever I want.  I have cut up the leftover roast and it is in the crock pot with some onion and bouillon cube and later I will add some potatoes and carrots and maybe some other stuff.  I have scanned some pictures that I am putting away and there is a pile of empty boxes that need to be stacked together for easy transport.  Maybe I will run the sweeper or work on the pile of sewing that is on the sewing machine.  I can do whatever I want.  I can have lunch whenever I want.  I am free today.

Bonnie M.

I was reading Tobina's report of November 4th., and wondered if what she's doing today is about the same as what she was doing on that day?

What I'm doing today is, going to our Church and will be with a group who are making greeting cards.  This is something new for me, and I'm really enjoying it.  Who knows, some day I may actually be good at it!
Bonnie

Diane Amberg

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk