What Are You Doing For Excitement Today?

Started by Wilma, September 04, 2009, 07:36:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mom70x7

Tonsillitis - that's how come my throat is sore, my voice is gone, etc.

Started out with a cold from my grandson (and I would do that one again in a heartbeat) - but it settled in my throat.
When the swelling started yesterday it was time to go the doctor.

The ironic part is . . . I had my tonsils removed when I was 9 years old. They grew back - not as full as they were before, but definitely enough to cause problems.

Oh well, soft food for a couple of days.

larryJ

Sorry to hear that, cuz.  Just take it easy and try not to talk.  I know, hard to do.  I've been on soft food regimens before and I hated it.  To this day I will not eat Jello.  Rest up and get better soon.

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

sixdogsmom

Debbie, you need to wait until after Christmas if you want to be sick.  :P :P Get better soon!!
Edie

Teresa

Tonsils growing back?? How weird is that!!?  I never heard of it.. How can that happen?
I got mine out when I was 18 and the surgeon..( dead now) just literally butchered my throat and took all of my tonsils plus a whole lot he shouldn't have taken.. I could stand to have a little of my "throat parts" grow back.. :)
Hang in there Debbie.. Although your family is probably secretly giving each other High 5's because of your no voice  ;).. we all still want you well before Christmas..
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Diane Amberg

I had mine taken when I was 12 and still have a rather deep pit there because he was determined to take all three and get it all, two tonsils and one adenoid. In cases where it isn't quite all taken they can reswell if the owner is still having infections after the T and A. It's not very common, but certainly not unheard of.
When we are kids, they are "teacher cells" that help the lymph system learn its job. If they are over whelmed by infection they start swelling, fizzle out and eventually need to go.

Teresa

Took my adenoids also.. and I have no stop from my throat to my nose.. its a straight shot from one to the other.. extremely annoying when I get to laughing real hard with my sister eating, and I get choked and a part of a french fry came out my nose.. ( let me tell you ... I thought we were both going to croak right there laughing ..even though I was choking.. ) hahahaha ;D  But I struggle diving underwater,  swimming underwater etc because of the throat thing.

Janet Harrington

Ms. T, I wonder why he didn't take out your larynx? ROFLMAO Just kidding.

Diane Amberg

Teresa

doobie

So....thats why Teresa has that golden voice that you only hear on FM radio.....LOL
CAUTION: if instrument is shaken sufficiently to cause arm to swing violently, damage may occur!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk