What Are You Doing For Excitement Today?

Started by Wilma, September 04, 2009, 07:36:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ms Bear

I was hoping to get rid of the green ceramic tile that is older than I am, that is old, but will have to live with it for a while longer.  Really wanted to get a double sink too.  Am so happy with the new back door and redo on the old bathroom that I will survive with the green.  Had to have the new back door, the old one was not secure at all, could have kicked it in myself.

Wilma

I like it.  So bright and cheery.  When you get rid of the green, what color do you want?

sixdogsmom

Edie

Ms Bear

Anything except ceramic tile that is older than I am.  I am retired, I think it should be too.  I have been looking at Home Depot and there is so much to choose from.  Don't know if it will ever happen, I want a double sink and the counter isn't wide enough for the newer sinks so the whole bottom cupboard will have to come out.  Maybe in a couple of years.

Next big job will be getting the exterior painted.  Hope to get at least part of the kids all home at one time for that.  Not going to hold my breath on that one either.  They are so scattered out and busy.  Last time they were all home was when my husband died in 2004.  We all have good intentions but usually work interferes.  Just thankful they are able to get home when they do.  I did get to see all of them this summer, just not at the same time.

Janet Harrington

Saturday, I traveled to Missouri and attended my oldest great-nieces wedding. Nothing makes you feel old than watching your sister walk down the aisle to watch her granddaughter get married. Now, that makes me old. It was a nice little wedding and everyone looked beautiful, especially the bride. I spent the night with the bride's mother, then had breakfast with them before heading back to good old Elk County. It was a great weekend.

Ms Bear

Janet, I am glad you had a good time and got to attend the wedding but you are right about how old it makes you feel to watch the babies all grown up and getting married.  I hope you got to take lots of pictures and enjoyed your visit.

A friend of mine is showing off pictures of her new greatgranddaughter that is almost 6 months old.  I have greatgrandkids already in school.

Diane Amberg

I'm taking a short break from reading several hundred fire prevention essays before my eyes cross. If I read Stop Drop and Roll one more time I may scream! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Judy Harder

LOL at Diane or with.........I just callled time -out from my winterization on my apartment.
Got the first layer of plastic on my main windows. Found out during the last cool-front that it
was very drafty  around the window and learned last year that plastic on the inside works
well and with the new insulated drapes (well they are those thingys that look like foil but are suppose to
block out the cold, we will see, cheap enough for me) and with my duct and scotch and masking tape and newspaper
maybe I can wait a few weeks to do the rest.
I never did warm up last year and for a 3 room apartment my bills were very steep....One was over 80$ and maybe others don't think that is dear, but with my fixed income, it is.
Got that chore done and now willl spend the rest of the day enjoying the weather. Walking will be a good thing, once I convince my knees that I am through with the ladder and quit!
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Janet Harrington

Judy, doesn't the housing authority take care of caulking the windows, etc? I hate it that anyone is cold during the winter.

Wilma

Today has been nice enough except for the wind, but yesterday was a day to remember.  We left Howard in the fog but ran out of it about half way to 400.  The pockets and streams of fog with the sunlight showing through it or reflecting off it was so entrancing that I forgot that I had a camera in my pocket.  I missed a really good photo op.

We were headed to a 1:30 doctor's appointment, so were going to use the intervening time for several stops we needed to make.  Every stop we made, we found what we wanted, were in and out in a matter of minutes and wound up with time to spare.  Got to the doctor's office half an hour before appointment time, got right in and was half way across Wichita by 1:30.  The purpose of the visit was the follow-up of the gall bladder surgery a week and a half ago.  Every thing was good, the doctor told me that my liver was in such good condition that I needed to start imbibing to bring it down to normal for my age.  Had a good drive home.  Am a bit tired to day, but looking forward to the rain that they are talking about for tonight.

I had put my ghost outside and tried to anchor him.  When we got home he was listing pretty badly, so this morning I went out with some wire and wire cutters and corrected his stance.  Also, added a necktie to his attire.  So far he is still standing straight in spite of the strong wind we have this morning.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk