What Are You Doing For Excitement Today?

Started by Wilma, September 04, 2009, 07:36:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

farmgal67357

The pet store we went to that had the sting ray also had opossums for sale as pets! They weren't our kind of opossum though, I think they were from Africa or something. They were cute with their long little noses!
Lisa
Lisa

sixdogsmom

Just spied a second O'possum that looks like a litter mate of the first. I did not call 911 tis time as he went behind the washer dryer set, and I don't want that all torn apart if at all possible. Again I blocked off the kitchen so they cannot get into the rest of the house, opened the back door and turned out the light. Hope they don't have too big a party in there. I hate cleaning up broken glass! Hoping that the call of the wild does the trick and he just goes on home to watch the news or something. And yes, Lisa, these guys are really cute: in someone elses kitchen instead of mine!
Edie

Ms Bear

Edie, I am so sorry to hear about your little dog.  They become such a big part of our lives and give us so much. 

Ole Granny

So sorry about Trixie.  Know that she had the best possible home ever.  Thinking of you.
"Perhaps they are not the stars in the sky.
But rather openings where our loved ones,
Shine down to let us know they are happy."
Eskimo Legend

Diane Amberg

sixdogsmom

As far as I can tell, he left before bedtime last night. But I kept the kitchen blocked off all night just in case. I will need to keep my back door closed at night from now on, I don't know how many are in a litter of O'Possums but I do know that there are at least two.
Edie

Diane Amberg

I'm not sure either, but I did see one mom that had 8 hanging all over her. They were still little so they were cute.I don't know how she managed after they got bigger.

sixdogsmom

These guys are about 10 to 12 inches long not counting tails, so are just young and stupid enough to come into a house where there are dogs and cats. I am pretty certain that they had passed right by the tomcat who is getting pretty lazy. Ollie about had a conniption fit when he saw the first one. I locked him up before the deputies came; he has no sense when he is after something and is just as likely to run it up your leg as anywhere. I hope that I have seen the last of them anyway.
Edie

larryJ

I am off to Newport again.  I was supposed to go yesterday, but had to run some errands and one of those was to the pharmacy.  There were meds for me and my wife.  The pharmacist messed up the order on my wife's meds so I had to wait a little longer than usual.  By the time I got home, it was 2 PM and I wanted to eat lunch and take a nap.  Plus, it is a 45 minute drive to his house, and there was nothing going on at the American Legion Post.  So I called and promised to come down today.  This is not a baby sitting trip, just some time with my son and daughter-in-law and GD #3.  My wife, having fallen a few days ago and injuring herself......again, (last time she fell on her knees and that has about cleared up) this time landing on the floor while reaching for the ceiling fan chain in our bedroom. She grabbed for the chain, lost her balance and hit the floor on her left side.  She cut her face near her left eyebrow, bruised some ribs on the left side and banged her left knee.  Today the knee is better, she has a lot of tenderness in her ribs and the cut is already starting to heal so that she may not need a band aid on it today.  I will be flying solo today as she is too sore to make the trip.  That's okay.  A couple of times that I have gone recently, I have stopped at the American Legion Post and my son has met me there and we got to talk, just he and I, kinda like father-son bonding all over again.  There is nothing like sitting on the patio with your son and a couple of drinks watching the boats go in and out, kayakers, board riders, the usual and unusual beach fashions, the band playing music from the 70's and 80's and a bunch of good ole boys (and a few women) sitting around having a good time. I am starting to pant.  I had better go eat my breakfast and get ready and go!  My wife was insisting yesterday that I go, but I just didn't want to take the time to go.  I kidded her about spoiling her date with her boyfriend.  She wasn't laughing............. :P ::)

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Diane Amberg

I'm sorry to hear your wife fell again, but am glad she is nothing more than sore from it. Maybe you should make that chain longer. Enjoy your trip.
We had a yard work day yesterday Al was feeling good so we did some much needed pruning and weed pulling and cut some fire place wood from a big branch we cut out of one of our Maples. The wood will go to a neighbor since we won't need firewood any more...if they ever get here to put in the gas log.They got behind during all the storms.
It only got up to 64 yesterday and today is only 53, so fall has definitely arrived. Good football weather. Time to start taking in the house plants I guess. Later today I'll finish stripping what's left in the garden. Very depressing.
We've has some migrating hummers coming through, but our main family left a week ago when the wind changed from the south west to the north east. I actually got to see them go as a group.They came as a family one last time in the early evening to tank up and then took off together. I'd never seen them do that before, but they didn't show up the next morning so they definitely did go.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk