What Are You Doing For Excitement Today?

Started by Wilma, September 04, 2009, 07:36:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

larryJ

I hope that sixth hole isn't near a water hazard.  I just saw the story about the guy in South Carolina who hit into a water hazard and went to retrieve the ball.  An alligater bit his arm off.  The story mentions that alligaters and rattlesnakes are a hazard.  As I know there are no gaters where you are, I would caution you about the snakes, though. 

Slappy made no mention of losing a six pack to you. 

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Rudy Taylor

Getting ready to take in the ranch rodeo in Sedan, then the Octoberfest at Grenola. Beautiful day out there!
It truly is "a wonderful life."

larryJ

Day three of the nephews visit.  He and wife and kids along with my daughter's family will journey to San Diego to visit Sea World.  My daughter appears to have an annual pass making the cost of admission cheaper.  Yesterday was a struggle for this old man.  My 4-year-old granddaughter who couldn't wait for her 4-year-old cousin to get here, got into several fights with him as far as sharing toys, etc.  My 1-year-old granddaughter really does not like afternoon naps, but gets really grumpy without it.  So you have to hold her while she cries herself to sleep.  So Grandpa missed his nap now for three days in a row.  With everyone gone, today looks very promising!!!!

It is a little early for the rainy season to start in SoCal, but we might get some next week.  It has been a little chilly (for us) the last few days.  Our guests are from Idaho and think they are living in the tropics.  We are walking around with sweatshirts on.

Larryj

Rhonda

:) :)We had a birthday party today!!  Our grandsons will be four on  Monday!  Cake, ice cream and presents!  It doesn't get much better!

greatguns

Sounds like fun!  Did you save a piece of cake for me?

Rhonda

As a matter of fact there's plenty left over.  Great Grandma Sue wouldn't want to run out so each had their own "small round cake with candles" and then there was a 9X13 German Chocolate.  There's plenty left come on up.

larryJ

Day four of Nephew's visit.  As mentioned, they and my daughter's family went to San Diego for the day and most of the evening.  So it was quiet here and allowed me to get some errands done. 

Today, there are no plans on the table that I know of.  There was a rumor floating around earlier this morning that they might head for home today, but nothing concrete.  Don't get me wrong---They are great people and very good parents to their two boys.  My brothers and I had an agreement that when we visited each other, the visit would only be for three days.  One day to catch up, one day to go sightseeing, and one day to get ready to go home and discuss the next time we would get together.  Anything after that was boring.

Larryj

Joanna

Spent time with our 21year old son this morning, watched him make chili... oh it's hot & spicy :)
Also had a long InstantMessage chat with a highschool friend of our 25year old son's who is in Iraq now. Super guy!
Anyone have a real good suggestion on stuff to put in a 'care package' for him? I found a list online I can use, but if you have extra suggestions I'd be glad to know them.
Otherwise, I plan to play on the internet, do some household chores and spend more time with my boy while I have the chance.

Rudy Taylor

It truly is "a wonderful life."

patyrn

Joanna,

My church group is gathering "stuff" for Blue Star Mothers as they pack Freedom Packages to send to the troops.  

They suggest:  travel or individual size toiletries, baby wipes, razors, nail clippers, foot powder, hand sanitizer, Q-tips, chapstick, sunscreen, bug repellent, deodorant, eye drops, heavy white and gray socks, shave cream, thermal underwear, emery boards.

Instant coffee, pre-sweetened Kool-Aid, Gatorade mix, beef jerky, slim jims, trail mix, nuts, protein bars micrwave popcorn, Pringles, small boxes of cereal, cereal bars, pop tarts, candy (no chocolate or sticky), gum, breath mints, sugar packets, spice packets.

Hand held games, board games, travel games, magazines, puzzle books, stationery, pens/pencils, stamps, paperback books,  battery operated fans, AA and AAA  batteries, prepaid international phone cards, hackie sacks, frisbiees, comic books, yo-yos, neck coolers.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk