What Are You Doing For Excitement Today?

Started by Wilma, September 04, 2009, 07:36:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diane Amberg

I'm watching Lee form and hoping it will send you all some much needed rain.

Judy Harder

Diane it usually takes a storm in the gulf to come up and meet a cool/cold front and then the heart of the heat will
ease up.
I do hope we don't have an early winter like we did last year......and I mean hard....I never did warm up at all.....always kept long handles on or near and waddled when I walked cause of the layers.

Oh, dear, I am never comfortable, so let er rip. whatever will be, will be!
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Janet Harrington

The way the Tulsa, OK, weathermen talked, that storm probably won't get this far north.

doobie

Judy, I wondered what was up with you"re walking last winter.  I thought you had been injured jumpin' "Honest Ron" for buried treasure!!!
CAUTION: if instrument is shaken sufficiently to cause arm to swing violently, damage may occur!

Judy Harder

Kelly, I didn't walk much....if I did it was around the area............and mainly in afternoon, if at all.
Cabin fever sat in first of Nov and stayed till spring. It was not a good year for me. Took a trip to Wisconsin in May
g-sons wedding to get me past it. Depression on top of cabin-fever is not a good thing. this year if I can I will go down to school and walk around the commons area. dogs will just have to stay home. legs are giving me fits now, I can just feel them this winter.
Here I am Lord, use me!

larryJ

A truly great day!  After a month of travel to Hong Kong, Nepal (the orphanage) and lastly nine days in Thailand, my son and his wife and granddaughter Cora, returned home today.  They were exhausted after flying six hours from Thailand to Japan and then ten hours from Japan to L.A.  I went to the airport to pick them up.  The timing was just about perfect.  I left the house when I saw on the Internet that their flight was just landing.  It takes me about 40 minutes to get there.  But, they had to clear immigration and customs and get their baggage, so I only made five circuits of the airport until they were outside and ready to go.  The baby was asleep and didn't wake up until after they had been in my house for about two hours.  She was still on Thailand time which would have been nighttime.  My daughter-in-law was really tired and as soon as we walked into the house she laid down on the couch and fell asleep for about an hour.  My daughter came over with the other two granddaughters and we had a great time talking and sharing all the past month's happenings.  There was a milestone as Cora had started to walk, a few steps here and a few steps there.  She is now 11 months.  I am truly thankful to God for protecting them and bringing them home safely.  There are some days when it is definitely worth cutting the leather straps!  (smiles, Teresa).

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

patyrn

Glad you had a wonderful and safe homecoming for your famly!  Enjoy....................

Diane Amberg

Yes, I'm sure you're relieved to have them home safely.

Judy Harder

Larry, knowing your family are home, safe and sound, has got to be a relief.
Knowing what you are feeling with the little one walking, almost brought tears
to my eyes..sweet and oh so ready for some spoiling......enjoy your family extra
I can only see mine on the computer and rarely hear from the kids.....I do enjoy
hearing about others, like yours and wondering what would have happened if my
kids had stayed in Kansas, and or I could have been a better mom............sigh..
Enough, I know they love me, just a new generation
Here I am Lord, use me!

larryJ

Ah, Judy, the sign of a great mom is when your kids don't need you to get them through life.  You did that when they were young and now they can handle it themselves.  I am sometimes troubled when I don't hear from my kids, but I realize that they now have their families, their jobs, their lives and they are busy.  When my wife took a trip to New York last month, I was home for a week by myself, well, wife's cousin was here, but basically by myself.  Don't get me wrong, I truly enjoyed the solitude!  During that week, neither of my two children called me or came by (they live close enough to drop in) for that entire week.  I thought to myself that they should maybe call or come by to see if I was okay or if I needed something done.  Perhaps if the cousin wasn't here, they might have made the effort.  But at the time I was a little disgusted with both of them.  Then I thought about the fact they and their families have a very busy life and young children to take care of, and, that they are self sufficient, not needing mom or dad to help them except for babysitting.  But the youngest two granddaughters had someone to take care of them and the oldest granddaughter was in New York with my wife.  After some time and serious reflection, I felt good that my children didn't need me, didn't have to check in with me, or worry about me, but I know they still love me and would come running on a moment's notice if I needed them.  I just keep in touch either by e-mail, texting or a simple phone call to see how they are doing and they is enough for me.  When we all get together, like yesterday, when my son came home, that is enough for me that we can all be together once in a while.  And, in those moments, I realize and know the love and the caring is always there.

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk