What Are You Doing For Excitement Today?

Started by Wilma, September 04, 2009, 07:36:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

farmgal67357

I think doobie and friends will be fine as long as they ain't diving into the cement pond.  ;D
Lisa
I love the episode where Ellie Mae thinks a bra is a double barreled sling shot!
Lisa

Hefe de vaca

Jarhead, do you happen to know how deep Polk Daniels is? Just curious.

frawin

Quote from: Jefe de vaca on July 30, 2011, 02:34:57 PM
        Jarhead, do you happen to know how deep Polk Daniels is? Just curious.
Jefe, I don't know how deep it is now but I remember during the really severe drought in the mid 1950s the lake got so low that a big portion of it showing was silt. I am sure it has silted in even more eventhou the lands that drain to it are in grasses.

jarhead

I aint got a clue how deep it is. Never so much as stuck my toe into it. The last time I fished there---from one of the rock piers---I fed the turtles 14,813 perch---give or take a few.

larryJ

In the past, maybe in 2009, I made mention several times of my son and his wife traveling the world and working in an orphanage in Nepal for a week or so.  On August 3rd they will leave to go to Hong Kong to visit my daughter-in-law's relatives and then on to Nepal to visit the orphanage once again.  This time they will only be gone a few weeks.  When they return at the end of the month, they will be moving into a winter rental at the beach.  We thought we would get the baby while they were gone, but they have chosen to tough it out and take her with them.  ******sigh*****  We tried to gently persuade them not to take the baby, but they are insistent.

So..............today, all of us, daughter and family, son and family, us'n and us'ns wife's cousin will all get together and have some red beans and rice (New Orleans style) (sorry, secret recipe, handed down for generations) and hot-dogs for the kids and a swim party up at the pool and celebrate a past birthday and three upcoming birthdays while they are gone, all at once.  It will be good.  My son came up yesterday with the baby and left her while he went for a haircut.  When he came back, he hooked up our cousin's computer in her room and reinstalled Skype on my laptop so we can keep in touch while they are gone. 

I know I am being an old worry-wart, but I am always worried when they travel out of the country. :(

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Diane Amberg

They are well seasoned travelers and should be just fine. They must be excited to show off that adorable baby to the other side of the family. I surely do understand your concern though. Hang in there and they'll be back in no time. Enjoy that big party today and think positive thoughts.

jarhead

Not sure you call it excitement but spent a good part of the day peeling spuds, chunking them, then pressure cooking them. Decided they would be better off in a quart jar than rotting one at a time in my bunker/cellar

Ms Bear

Jarhead, are you sure your not making wine out of those spuds?  Can't let them go to waste.

jarhead

No MsBear, but somewhere her in my well organized filing system--uh hum--I do have a recipe for potato wine that you add green food coloring to serve on St. Pat's day

Ms Bear

That might be interesting, think I have heard of beer made with spuds also.  Right now I would rather have a big bag of very salty potato chips, oh well.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk