What Are You Doing For Excitement Today?

Started by Wilma, September 04, 2009, 07:36:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dee Gee

WOW! Pikes peak is now the worlds highest mountain.  ;D
Learn from the mistakes of others You can't live long enough to make them all yourself

jarhead

Dee Gee, I think she meant 14,00 feet but I  didn't want to be jumped on for correcting it and being a nit picker---is that a word. :D

Diane Amberg

Hey, I could just as easily have said 14 million feet! :o ;D  It's that thin air up there ya know. Sorry, when I  really screw up I never do it half way. ;D ;D ;D
Try 14,110 feet   ;)

Wilma

Want to come down off the mountain and share my excitement for today?  I looked out at my bird bath a while ago and there was this little bird that was every color of the rainbow.  I had heard about these little birds but had never seen one.  My book says it is a painted bunting.  Not only was the male there, but there were two more that looked like the females.  I imagine one of them was an immature one.  They truly are like little jewels

Judy Harder

wilma, aren't they beautiful. I have only seen them once or twice and then it was a quick fly by and my eyes had trouble seeing them when they landed in a tree.
You were blessed.
I notice the birds, hummingbirds and even the lessor sparrows are suffering bad. Keep the water out friends even the least of us need moisture.
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Diane Amberg

I've never seen those beautiful birds except in photos.
We are now off to our annual fire company picnic and crab feast. We're going to bake our brains for sure but it's always a good time. Have a good day and try to stay cool.

Judy Harder

I AM getting ready for company. Yep, a young man asked could he stay with me tonight and then go to church tomorrow and I was pleased beyond words.

No not one of my grandsons. Just a nice youngster that I meet with his family at the library when I volunteered there and before it moved here in Longton.
And untill his family had to move to Texas cause his dad got laid off at Cesna.
Anyway not sure how long he will be here. so I am cooking up a storm.
We are having a carry-in at church tomorrow at noon and planned on baking beans today and when I heard Chris was coming decided brownies and cookies would work for his snacking....LOL plus if he is only here over night I will enjoy them
so today is a cooking day.have to have a/c on anyway...might as well get hotter.. Oh we got some raindrops this morning.....humid as heck now, but it at least is cloudy.
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

doobie

me and my buddies are going pearl diving in polk daniels lake
CAUTION: if instrument is shaken sufficiently to cause arm to swing violently, damage may occur!

jarhead

Doobie,
You and your buddies better leave Pearl alone. Jethro catches you and he will pound you to a pulp.
Damn, I HAVE to quit watching them old movies and TV shows ! :D

doobie

10-4 on that jarhead, well keep eyes out for Jethro!
CAUTION: if instrument is shaken sufficiently to cause arm to swing violently, damage may occur!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk