What Are You Doing For Excitement Today?

Started by Wilma, September 04, 2009, 07:36:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jane

Cheyenne, you are so lucky to have a Schnauzer. We have had two and they are the greatest. They have a dry mouth, and do not shed. You can not ask for a smarter dog. I have told my husband if he goes before I do, I am replaceing him with a Mini Schanuzer.
Treat her with respect and love and she will protect your family with all of her heart.
Jane  8)

Cheyenne

I have wanted one forever for those reasons. However they are soooo expenspensive ($300-$500). Tehya was cheap because her mother died of a heart attack when she was only a week old and before they got her registration papers sent in but they don't really matter to me, not like I have time to show her and I really don't need a bunch of puppies. She has already bonded with everybody and everybody has fallen in love with her.

Diane Amberg

larryJ

I know that all of us read various posts and form a response in our minds before we start typing.  Yesterday, on the way home from a busy day, I was trying to decide how to post to this thread and came up with this.

Well, eat your hearts out------------no, this is what is like in SoCal, no, my wife and I did this today-----------

I settled on "eat your hearts out"-----What does that mean?  I'll have to research that one.

Anyway, eat your hearts out-----We were invited to a friend of a friend's birthday party for a five year old.  We were to bring our 4 year old granddaughter as they have played together a few times and really enjoy each other's company.

This friend is Cambodian and has lived here most of his adult life.  He and his wife have seven children ranging in age from the five year old up to a 20 year old daughter. This friend owns a jewelry store in the Chinatown section north of downtown Los Angeles.  He does very well.  In fact, he owns two houses, one in Diamond Bar not far from us, and one in Pacific Palisades, not far from Malibu overlooking the ocean.  The party was in Pacific Palisades.

Upon arriving, we learned that those in attendance included the four younger children, one teenager, the grandmother and the live-in nanny/maid.  My brother-in-law who instigated the birthday party was making cupcakes for the 5 year old to take to school for her birthday and had the others helping.  My wife also helped.  It took ALL DAY!!!  Our friend and his wife and oldest son arrived home in the evening and dinner was served.  During all this, I sat and watched, went outside to view the ocean and went back in and sat some more.  With the exception of watching the whole process and enjoying the kids running around, it was probably the most boring day I have ever had in my entire life.  The Grandmother at one point went into a room and took a nap, the nanny/maid never stopping cleaning or looking after the kids and I never have sat in one place that long anytime in my life.

Today is school day and I am now on my way to pick up my granddaughter.

Everyone have a nice day.

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Diane Amberg

larryJ

You know what they say about too many cooks?

Too many cooks sample the food while fixing it and therefore none is left.

Oh wait!  Too many cooks spoil the broth.

I wasn't asked and didn't feel the need to volunteer.  Never volunteer for anything, right Sarge, Jarhead?

Larryj

Diane Amberg

jarhead

Larry, Sometime volunteering can be funny. Ol Sarge knew he was gonna get drafterd so instead of going in the Army and being stuck in the jungles, he  volunteered for the Air Force. Yep that was a wise move---until the Air Force made him a Sentry Dog Handler  so him and Shep could go out in the jungle and walk around the base of Cam Rahn Bay everynight---all by themselves  !! That's what I call KARMA. Wish I had been there at the same time---I would have put the sneak on ol Sarge and scared the crap out of him.

larryJ

Sorry, Diane, no male bashing.  That was and is an old Army adage.  Never volunteer for anything.

Jarhead, that would been a hoot!  But, he might have shot you!

When I got drafted, they asked me if a had a preference for the type of job I would like.  I said I would like to be a clerk typist or something similar having some college education and good typing skills.  At the end of basic training, I found that I was to be a medic.  I went through the medic training and was shipped to Korea---------------------where the personnel sergeant was incensed that the higher ups would send him a medic when he needed a clerk typist.  So the first four months I was there. I was a clerk typist before one the medics rotated home and I took his place.

Larryj

srkruzich

Quote from: Jane on October 04, 2009, 12:05:07 PM
Cheyenne, you are so lucky to have a Schnauzer. We have had two and they are the greatest. They have a dry mouth, and do not shed. You can not ask for a smarter dog. I have told my husband if he goes before I do, I am replaceing him with a Mini Schanuzer.
Treat her with respect and love and she will protect your family with all of her heart.
Jane  8)

I have two mini schnauzers right now, joe and londo.  Gkar was a mini schnauzer that looks like joe does but i had to put him to sleep last  year :( he was 12 years old.  I lost another one in 2003 to cancer his name was odo.

Right now i wish i could find a mini registered female for Londo. He's akc registered and i would love to get a pup or two out of him.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk