What Are You Doing For Excitement Today?

Started by Wilma, September 04, 2009, 07:36:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hefe de vaca

You've got a lot of good ethnic food back there. Took my son to Williamsburg a year ago and ate all kinds of good food.

Yes , Wilma it was a pull behind sickle. Used it because we had cleared cedar and hedge trees out of the "roller coaster " field and too many stumps for Ron Cummings to tear up his equipment on. I ran out of parts , so kept mowing and left the strips behind. Oh well, next year will be better.

sixdogsmom

Diane, I am so jealous! I love lamb but you simply cannot find it in the markets anymore. I am especially fond of the little rib sections, I used to slice a pocket in that rib meat and fill with dressing, yum! I bought those at the base commisary all the time. The last lamb I had was one we bought and had butchered when the locker here was still open. That was so good! I miss that stuff!
Edie

Jo McDonald

You can always get GREAT lamb at Sams.  I love the chops and T.Bones    tiny but absolutely delicious.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

srkruzich

I don't care for lamb at all. Taste is awful!  Took what i had and fed it to the pups.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

jarhead

My excitement today was resting from going to Colorado this past weekend. Something wrong with looking at snow and 11 hours later be enduring triple digit heat. While in Colorado I saw this old Army dude in his moth eaten Army uniform standing by the road with a tin cup and a sign that said ,"help a veteran" Now I blew by him pretty fast but I think it might have been Waldo !! :angel:
Got to visit with another of my old Drill Instructors in Wellington, Co. This one is 75 years old--stands about 5 ft 5 " and probably weighs a buck twenty. I told him I couldn't believe that 40 + years ago I was scared of him. In his gravel voice he said" you damn sure better have been scared" guess he still has it because I peed down my leg !!!
Saw some monster bull elk in Rocky Mountain National Park but wasn't sure if my Kal-Tec .35 could bring that puppy down so I passed the shot up. Yes, I'm a good sportsman.
Two miles above sea level I shooed a herd of cow elks off a snow pile and got ol Sarge a fresh snow cone from the Rockies. Kept it in the ice chest to bring it home to him. It must be lemon flavored because it's yeller in color and kinda smells like a musky smelling elk but hell ,ol Sarge likes elk steaks so I'm sure he will enjoy the sno-cone
What I want to know is which one of you sorry Elk County dawgs shadowed me out there ? Got a late start Saturday and stopped for the night in Goodland. Came out of a Chinese café and a Honda Ridgeline with EK plates was parked beside my car. Went to our room at Super 8 motel a little later and 3-4 stalls down was parked that Honda. Patriot---did you come out of retirement from being a PI ? If so did Teresa pay you to keep tabs on me ?

Hefe de vaca

Sounds like you had a great time in the Rockies. Do any trout fishing?  I'd heard there was still a lot of snow.

W. Gray

Jarhead, I saw you zip past. I could have used some help. I only had twenty cents in the cup.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

jarhead

Waldo, I was telling a fibber about going fast out there in Co. My GMC ran like a dog out there. I had to almost hit passing gear to go anywhere----and I mean going downhill !!!! Had some cheese crackers and Ritz crackers and them puppies swelled up like balloons. Funny they would swell to the point of bursting and yet my lungs decreased in capacity to the size of a walnut .

W. Gray

We live near the mile high city.

When we go up to the two-mile high city (Leadville), our lungs decrease in capacity also. But those people are supposed to have a very low rate of heart problems.

On top of Pikes Peak or Mt Evans, which are still much higher, (both of which you can drive to the top), it is very difficult to walk around, but actually depends on the person.

Takes a while to get used to it but I dont like to go there any more.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Diane Amberg

Pikes Peak. 114,110 feet. Ya gotta walk slow up there.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk