What Are You Doing For Excitement Today?

Started by Wilma, September 04, 2009, 07:36:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Catwoman

I'll bet that was an interesting read!  ;D

Diane Amberg

That's the version I remember. Daddy always took it even though the news was several days late, so I grew up reading about Howard. I learned many of the local family names from that paper and was then so pleased when we would visit and I got to meet some of them.

jarhead

Diane,
I was tearing an old house down, many years ago, and under the kitchen linoleum was an early 1920's Longton Newspaper. In the Upola section it said "Monty Edwards(my Dad ) and Carl Rice went duck hunting" ???????? That was it---that was the news. No mention if they even shot any ducks !!!!

farmgal67357

Quote from: Diane Amberg on June 30, 2011, 04:33:57 PM
Fortunately we do get really good bagels here. Nicely boiled then baked so there is a nice bite to the crust and then that great soft inside.Yum

That's exactly what I mean! Ahhhh....delicious, water boiled bagels. The deli on Prospect Ave. in Brooklyn (where my apartment was) had the best! Dang it, now I want some!  :P

Lisa
Lisa

larryJ

Second day report was nothing other than some photos sent via phone.  I did see my brother-in-law on the Today show, just fleeting glimpses. ::)

Third day report:  It's early yet, but wife called and we chatted.  They took the granddaughter to American Girl yesterday and she got her doll and from what I heard this morning, it will replace her usual doll that she takes everywhere.  She is one happy kid!

Out early to take care of some errands as it is going to be in the 100's here today and I wanted to get some things done before it gets too hot.  I plan to spend the rest of the day inside under the A/C.

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Catwoman

What am I doing for excitement?  Watching CMT...Writing on the Forum...And sending blessings out to each and every one of you Forum members (yes, even to Ross and Patriot and Red, in spite of yourselves! lol).  This is one Fourth of July when I can honestly say that life is only getting better.  I wish the same for all of you!!  :D

larryJ

Addendum to last post:  I see it ain't gonna be any cooler there in Elk County, either.  Stay inside, my friends, and stay cool.

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Roma Jean Turner

My excitement today was a trip to Lloyd's in Sedan.  So hot that I am not sure I will leave the house to go to the fireworks tonight or to Wichita tomorrow.  Not so much interested in excitement as I am staying cool.  Hope everyone has a safe and happy Fourth.

Warph

Staying inside since it's supposed to be 200 degrees outside tomorrow.

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

sixdogsmom

Lol! You dang fool, I think you got out in the heat once too often, even if it was just to check the thermometer.  :D :D
Edie

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk