Are You "In or Out"?

Started by redcliffsw, August 31, 2009, 08:09:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

srkruzich

Quote from: BillyakaVarmit on September 01, 2009, 05:03:14 AM
Red, I went back and reread the article.  You were right in hiping that this never happens.  Personally, I think that if it were to happen it would be the end of this nation.  Other than the timeline being way to optimistic, I think that the "rebuilding" process the author imagines is far fetched.  I don't think there would be a rebuilding on a national level.  I think that the country would be spintered among various groups of one ideology or another.  Lawlessness would, in effect, be the law of the land until a group of patriots could become large enough to control an area big enough to sustain an army.

One thing that the author overlooks is the lack or organization, networking, and a command structure of the various patriots groups.  That would be the first obstacle to overcome.  Until the Patriots can present a united front that in the long run offers real solutions they won't have the support they need from the population to even begin to stage a revolution.

As a sidenote, you're right on about the SPLC

one thing he doesn't address in the article is the fact that if this were to happen, there would be a secession of states that would provide the needed organization and command structure. 
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

pamsback

SRK you are preachin to the choir here. Don't mistakenly believe I am some dumb "liberal" who knows nothin about her history and her heritage. Just because I don't feel the need to trot out chapter and verse every time I have a conversation doesn't mean I don't have them at my disposal. Difference between me and a lot of people is I tend to learn BOTH sides of the story.

I refuse to let yall pigeonhole me. I am NOT a bleedin heart liberal..I am NOT a hardcore conservative...I am in all actuality both sides AND the middle on different subjects.

Take the site Flint posted for instance.......although I have NO use for "white supremacy" I defend the right to display the flag of my ancestors as a tribute. I however DO not think the South was right in a lot of their thinkin aka slavery....the people my family had in the Confederacy didn't even OWN slaves.
  I TOTally support maintaining Confederate monuments and a LOT of the so'called southern lifestyle and I do not think havin pride in your ancestors makes you racist.
  I will NEVER go back to where women are considered less than men.....given the "blame" for bringin "sin" into the world...I don't agree with it and I refuse to perpetuate it. Even if you totally buy that story Adam could've kept his pants on so to speak.
I will NEVER support war when there is ANY alternative....if I stand and fight it will be for what I believe in not somebody elses agenda....make no mistake I WILL stand.
  As for the PAtriot Act....Presidential directive 51...."Enduring Constitutional Government," or "ECG," means a cooperative effort among the executive, legislative, and judicial branches of the Federal Government, coordinated by the President, as a matter of comity with respect to the legislative and judicial branches and with proper respect for the constitutional separation of powers among the branches, to preserve the constitutional framework under which the Nation is governed and the capability of all three branches of government to execute constitutional responsibilities and provide for orderly succession, appropriate transition of leadership, and interoperability and support of the National Essential Functions during a catastrophic emergency. (Italics mine.)

"Catastrophic Emergency" means any incident, regardless of location, that results in extraordinary levels of mass casualties, damage, or disruption severely affecting the U.S. population, infrastructure, environment, economy, or government functions.

The directive further says that, in the case of such an emergency, the new position of "National Continuity Coordinator" would be filled by the assistant to the president for Homeland Security and Counterterrorism

The directive also specifies that a "Continuity Policy Coordination Committee", to be chaired by a senior director of the Homeland Security Council staff, and selected by the National Continuity Coordinator, shall be "the main day-to-day forum for such policy coordination".

larryJ

What happens is another "civil war" except that it wouldn't be a secession of states over states rights, but rather a fight over ideologies.  To me it is a no-win situation because like fighting terrorists, there is no definitive place or known organizations that are clearly defined as one's enemy. 

Our constitution should stand in that things have to be accomplished in the political process.  Obviously, that didn't work in 1860 and won't work now.  But, that is the way that things have to start--------------with the political process, not armed revolution.

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

srkruzich

Quote from: larryJ on September 01, 2009, 09:17:47 AM
What happens is another "civil war" except that it wouldn't be a secession of states over states rights, but rather a fight over ideologies.  To me it is a no-win situation because like fighting terrorists, there is no definitive place or known organizations that are clearly defined as one's enemy. 

Our constitution should stand in that things have to be accomplished in the political process.  Obviously, that didn't work in 1860 and won't work now.  But, that is the way that things have to start--------------with the political process, not armed revolution.

Larryj

I agree, but if the politicians don't submit to the will of the people then you have no choice but to require them to submit by use of force.  Right now we're seeing them ignore the people over this health care bill. More and more people are saying NO to the healthcare bill and the dems are just saying ohhh its not the will of the people.  Their hell bent on pushing through their idea of what the people need not what the people want.

The same crap is going on with the cap n trade bill. The same crap is going on with the spending of billions of dollars to bail out banks, to bail out industry, to bail out everyone but the American people.
They are not serving the people, their dictating to the people.

Anmar

Obama won an election, pretty handily too.  If people don't like him, vote him out in 4 years.  Thats the constitutional way of doing things.
"The chief source of problems is solutions"

srkruzich

Quote from: Anmar on September 01, 2009, 09:34:49 AM
Obama won an election, pretty handily too.  If people don't like him, vote him out in 4 years.  Thats the constitutional way of doing things.
he's fine as long as he doesn't violate the constitution.  IF he tries that, he's going to be history.

Diane Amberg

Good Grief...It's Animal Farm all over again! Or maybe leaning toward Lord of the Flies?

pamsback

QuoteOr maybe leaning toward Lord of the Flies?

Yknow that is one movie I can NOT watch? I read the book years ago and it didn't bother me but I decided to watch the movie one night when I was by myself and kept gettin more and more upset and when it got to the part where they pushed that boulder off on that fat kid that was tryin to stay "civilized" I got so pissed I started cryin and yellin at the TV! That is the ONLY movie that has ever done that to me. Joe and the kids came in and thought somebody had died or somthin :P I do not know why it affected me like that but I felt almost the same anger and disgust readin that article that started this whole thread.

flintauqua

Quote from: redcliffsw on September 01, 2009, 04:32:28 AM
By the way, what do you have against the United Daughters of the Confederacy or any other of the listed organizations on
your website that you posted? 
rc

I have nothing against organizations that are honest in their assertions of honoring the memories of the fallen soldiers of the Civil War, both sides.

However, I will not sit idly by and allow links to people who are not honest about their true intentions go by without comment.

Red, I hope you do realize that the links you provide often go to people or organizations that renounce the existence of the 13th, 14th, and 15th admendments to the Constitution.  They keep revising their tactics and message, but they are still the political decendants of Nathan Bedford Forrest.

Charles

srkruzich

Quote from: flintauqua on September 01, 2009, 03:09:11 PM
Quote from: redcliffsw on September 01, 2009, 04:32:28 AM
By the way, what do you have against the United Daughters of the Confederacy or any other of the listed organizations on
your website that you posted? 
rc

I have nothing against organizations that are honest in their assertions of honoring the memories of the fallen soldiers of the Civil War, both sides.

However, I will not sit idly by and allow links to people who are not honest about their true intentions go by without comment.

Red, I hope you do realize that the links you provide often go to people or organizations that renounce the existence of the 13th, 14th, and 15th admendments to the Constitution.  They keep revising their tactics and message, but they are still the political decendants of Nathan Bedford Forrest.

Charles

You do realize that Nathan Bedford Forrest dissolved the Klan when the Klan changed its ideology from going after the carpet baggers to going after non whites and jews don't you.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk