Pictures of Howard

Started by Joanna, August 31, 2009, 04:48:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joanna

These are totally NOT professional, just put on for fun. I'll add a few more later.  If you want a snapshot of something local that I can find for you, let me know; I'll do my best.

On my facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=28061&id=1520725479&l=dce4c0f3c8

W. Gray

Bravo!

Very good.

But I kept looking for a shot of the main street from the top of the water tower.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

jensarlou

WOW!!!  Those brought back wonderful memories.  I really like the one looking toward Howard from your house.  I have a few pics like that looking from the the back deck of my old house.  Hey that would be a nice pic.  I understand Rudy and Pansy have made a few changes.  :-)
Andrea

sixdogsmom

Great, thanks for sharing!  ;)
Edie

Joanna

Quote from: W. Gray on August 31, 2009, 04:56:33 PM
...But I kept looking for a shot of the main street from the top of the water tower. 

Good luck with that.  Maybe next time they have it painted I can talk one of the painters into snapping one for you.  I don't do heights!  Ha!

Dale Smith

Joanna - thanks for sharing these wonderful photos.  As I told you on FB, they really make me miss home.  Now, after looking at your pics, it makes me wish I had pictures of all the old houses that I lived in in Howard.  Funny, when you live there, you never think about someday you'll miss all those places.

Joanna

Ha! That's one of the reasons I decided to take them.  I drove by an old house I lived in as a child and was surprised to realize I'd almost forgotten it.  I started thinking of all the places I don't have pictures of.

Howard has changed so much since I met Marty, I thought I'd like to have some pictures to share with my family later on.  Besides, it's getting better all the time!  Some day, half of these will be the "before" pictures  ;D

By the way, I am guessing on some of them. If you think I have them labeled wrong, it won't hurt my feelings to be corrected.

dnalexander

Joanna, my quick random thoughts.

You may not be a "professional" but those are professional quality pictures.  You have a good eye. From the few classes in photography that I have taken I can say those are very well composed pictures. From a I know what I like perspective those are fantastic pictures..

It has been 35+ years since I have been in Howard. I love, love, love to see the current pictures. :)

Thanks

David

Ms Bear

I have only been to Howard once but I do hope to come back someday soon.  These pictures are much better than the ones I took while I was there.  Thankyou.

Tobina+1

Great picts, Joanna!  I didn't see a pict of some of the businesses on the highway, though.  You missed Elk County Vet (Dr. Black), as well as the building that David Helms built and used to own for his tire shop.  I'm not sure who owns it now.  Also, Bryant's Blooms (formerly K&K Floral).  Get back out there, girl!   ;)

Next, you need to make an interactive map where people can click on the building and see the picture of what it looks like!   ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk