Enough is Enough

Started by Varmit, August 28, 2009, 07:00:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Varmit

How much "Transforming" is enough?  President obama ran his campaign on the idea that we as a nation need to change.  According to his wife that change is not just political, '...we're going to have to change our conversation, we're going to have to change our traditions, our history..."  And just how do you suppose they plan to enact this change?  Well, lets look at this one step at a time. 

Apparently, since it would be next to impossible to silence millions of Americans who are speaking out against this administration, they (the gov't) are going to go after the media outlets that don't share the same beliefs as the administration.  Enter Mark Loyd, the Diversity Czar (or as the White House calls him, a "special advisor") of the FCC.  Under the guise of Diversity, Mr. Lyod seeks to undermine the 1st amendment.  Not through the re-institution of the Fairness Doctrine but through legislation and regulation of Broadcast companies.  He proposes that new licensing regulations be set in place that call for the placing of exurbant taxes, and what amounts to, extortion.  He feels that since conservative radio suffers from a lack of so-called diversity, they should be forced to pay a license renewal fee that equals 100% of their yearly operating budget.  That money will be used to fund groups such as NPR that offer a more diverse programming.  If Conservative companies don't want to pay that fee, that is fine, they will just lose their license, and that license will be sold to a minority group. 

Along with licensing "fees", he also wants the FCC to regulate political advertising and COMMENTARY, the number of commercials stations run, and require ratings info to be posted on programs before they air.  He is quoted as saying, "In our report, we call for ownership of rules the we think will create greater local diversity of programming, news, and commentary.  And we call for more localism by putting more teeth into licensing rules.  But we do not call for a return of the Fairness Doctrine."  What they are calling for is complete governmental control of media, which is the exact opposite of what our founders intended and what our Constitution demands. 

In his book Prologue to a Farce.  Communications and Democracy in America.  he states, "It should be clear by now that my focus here is not Freedom of Speech or the Press.  This freedom is all too often an exaggeration.  At the very least, blind reference to freedom of speech or the press serves as a distraction from the critical examination of other communication policies." 

I ask you, if the obama administration is as interested in fairness and equality as they say they are, what were they thinking when they appointed this Marxist?  I don't know about you, but I have had just about enough of their so-called change.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Diane Amberg

Actually, If the FCC can cut back on the tiresome repetitive commercials and the "seems to go on forever" political campaigning, my old head would love it! A far as fairness goes, I could be wrong, but I don't recall the word "fair" appearing in the Constitution, the bill of rights or the  Declaration of Independence.

Jo McDonald

Get the book  that exposes the secret blueprint for ending free speech.  "Shut Up America" The End of Free Speech.
Written in 2006 by Brad O'Leary.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Jane

:(Fair would be that someone on this forum could keep their opinons to them selfs and not comment on every issue on the forum. I my self work and do not have time to set on this forum for 24 hours a day. I have friends and things to do. I guess other people only have the forum to keep them self busy. As you know opinons are A##h##les everyone has one. Thanks Jo I will get the book.  ;D
Jane

Varmit

Diane, those commericals are how radio stations make their money, but I know what you're saying, I HATE commercials, but such is life.  As far as campaigning goes, I don't mind if a station endorses one canidate or another, and seeing as how I listen to more talk radio than anything else, I don't see a need for the FCC to regulate it.

Jane, that would be the oppisite of fair.  This is a public forum, everyone has the right to express their opinion.  Regardless of how many agree with it or not.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Diane Amberg

Thanks Billy. I don't mind the commercials in small doses, but over and over and over ...How long to they think it takes a person to get the message.    Jane, ya just let the cat out of the bag.  However you want it. Help yourself. You don't want to read me, then move on. :angel:

Varmit

I don't know, I kinda like the repetative Victoria Secerts commericals.

Diane Amberg

Mom70x7

And I fondly remember the "Hanes" commercials with Michael Jordan.  :)

sixdogsmom

What I really hate are stations that do not moderate the volumn between program and commercials. You set the volumn so that the program can be heard then the commercial blasts you out of the chair. I would think that this is enough of a problem that a tv could be designed to moderate the volumn to a set level.  :P :P
Edie

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk