Wonderland: Bye Bye Teddy 1932-2009

Started by Warph, August 27, 2009, 12:07:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redcliffsw

Teresa's post here on Kennedy sounds pretty good to me.
For many, many years, I've seen the "worship" of the Kennedy's and their "good works"
using your money.  It's a religion to the Kennedy's and a false one.

Ted Kennedy was not a good man.

greatguns

Varmit

Ted Kennedy was a drunkard, cheat, and a murderer.  I don't care how much supposeded "good" he did.  If he was even half of a decent man he would have paid for his crimes.  If he had a shred of decency he would have tried to save that poor girl instead of leaving her to die. 
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

flo

Quote from: BillyakaVarmit on August 28, 2009, 06:48:46 AM
Ted Kennedy was a drunkard, cheat, and a murderer.  I don't care how much supposeded "good" he did.  If he was even half of a decent man he would have paid for his crimes.  If he had a shred of decency he would have tried to save that poor girl instead of leaving her to die. 

KNOWN FACT -  people do things or don't do things when they are under the influence that they would do or wouldn't do had they been sober.  And No, I am not saying he was innocent.  I'm saying that he was drunk and not thinking clearly enough to know the consequences of what was happening.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Teresa

I can't believe he's getting buried in Arlington? 

Even though he meets the requirements as a veteran, you know that it is more about the "honor" bestowed upon the "liberal lion" and prestige than for actual service rendered in the military.  From what I have heard.. it took special permission for Robert to be buried in Arlington.  I think it is because he did not actually serve enough active duty, but mostly in training. We had some friends go to Arlington a few years ago and they said  during the tour that one of the Kennedys needed special permission for burial.  I can't believe that it would have been JFK, so I'm thinking it was RFK.  All that aside, we now have a special Kennedy section.   ::)

http://www.military.com/benefits/burial-and-memorial/arlington-national-cemetery#1

QuoteGround Burial Eligibility
The following eligibility requirements for ground burial in Arlington National Cemetery. The last period of active duty of former members of the Armed Forces must have ended honorably. Interment may be casketed or cremated remains.

Any active duty member of the Armed Forces (except those members serving on active duty for training only).

Any veteran who is retired from active military service with the Armed Forces.

Any veteran who is retired from the Reserves is eligible upon reaching age 60 and drawing retired pay; and who served a period of active duty (other than for training).

Any former member of the Armed Forces separated honorably prior to October 1, 1949 for medical reasons and who was rated at 30% or greater disabled effective on the day of discharge.

Any former member of the Armed Forces who has been awarded one of the following decorations:

Medal of Honor
Distinguished Service Cross (Navy Cross or Air Force Cross)
Distinguished Service Medal
Silver Star
Purple Heart

The President of the United States or any former President of the United States.

Any former member of the Armed Forces who served on active duty (other than for training) and who held any of the following positions:
An elective office of the U.S. Government
Office of the Chief Justice of the United States or of an Associate Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States.
An office listed, at the time the person held the position, in 5 USC 5312 or 5313 (Levels I and II of the Executive Schedule).
The chief of a mission who was at any time during his/her tenure classified in Class I under the provisions of Section 411, Act of 13 August 1946, 60 Stat. 1002, as amended (22 USC 866) or as listed in State Department memorandum dated March 21, 1988.

Any former prisoner of war who, while a prisoner of war, served honorably in the active military, naval, or air service, whose last period of military, naval or air service terminated honorably and who died on or after November 30, 1993. i. The spouse, widow or widower, minor child, or permanently dependent child, and certain unmarried adult children of any of the above eligible veterans.

The widow or widower of:
A member of the Armed Forces who was lost or buried at sea or officially determined to be missing in action.
A member of the Armed Forces who is interred in a US military cemetery overseas that is maintained by the American Battle Monuments Commission.
A member of the Armed Forces who is interred in Arlington National Cemetery as part of a group burial.

The surviving spouse, minor child, or permanently dependent child of any person already buried in Arlington National Cemetery.

The parents of a minor child, or permanently dependent child whose remains, based on the eligibility of a parent, are already buried in ANC. A spouse divorced from the primary eligible, or widowed and remarried, is not eligible for interment.

Provided certain conditions are met, a former member of the Armed Forces may be buried in the same grave with a close relative who is already buried and is the primary eligible.

He gets into Arlington based on his two years of active duty AND his elected office.. whoop-tee-doo.. :P

"One of his favorite topics of humor was indeed Chappaquiddick itself "

QuoteI don't know if you know this or not, but one of his favorite topics of humor was indeed Chappaquiddick itself. And he would ask people, "have you heard any new jokes about Chappaquiddick?" That is just the most amazing thing. It's not that he didn't feel remorse about the death of Mary Jo Kopechne, but that he still always saw the other side of everything and the ridiculous side of things, too.

Article and Audio here:
http://hotair.com/archives/2009/08/28/one-of-his-favorite-topics-of-humor-was-indeed-chappaquiddick-itself/

All the comments that are at the end of this is exactly the way I feel..
including....

Wow, the last time I saw a killer laugh about his victim... it was Charlie Manson.

I cannot find the words to express my contempt for Ted Kennedy and his behavior during his life that led to the death of Mary Jo Kopechne. The thought that he joked about it is absolutely revolting and demonstrates how low his character really was.   Kennedy claims that Health Care for all was the 'cause of his life'.. yet he passed by a telephone a mere 150 yards from the accident that took Mary Jo's life. Kennedy returned to his hotel for a night of rest, while Mary Jo lay dying. If Mary Jo had been a Kennedy, and Teddy a John Doe, he would have died in prison.The Liberal LIAR of the Democrats is finally dead.

I heard someone say Kennedy confided he wanted to go to heaven after he died and was at peace this past weekend. Seriously? If I caused the death of another, did nothing to try to save them because I was a coward and an opportunist and then found humor in that later in life I'd expect to burn in hell.
Politics aside, Ted Kennedy was pure slime. He was no great man and no one should be afraid of calling him the scoundrel that he was in his disgraceful life.

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Teresa

Quote from: flo on August 28, 2009, 08:51:15 AM

KNOWN FACT -  people do things or don't do things when they are under the influence that they would do or wouldn't do had they been sober.  And No, I am not saying he was innocent.  I'm saying that he was drunk and not thinking clearly enough to know the consequences of what was happening.

Flo... he wasn't a drunk who felt bad for anything he did.. plus he never quit being a drunk.. You can't excuse someone if they don't try to do better afterwards..
Again I take this off someone elses comments from a blog..

Ted -

– 39 years old, sitting Senator from Massachusetts, presumed candidate for President in 1972, and among most famous people in America
– partying with women other than his wife
– gets behind wheel of car while stinking drunk, with woman not his wife who was also drunk, heading for tryst on beach
– runs car off bridge into 7 feet of water
– so drunk he cannot get woman out of car
– woman does not drown, she slowly asphyxiates as oxygen runs out in car, dies alone and terrified, realizes that brother of man she worked for and worshipped has killed her
– goes back to party and acts like nothing has happened
– walks past four houses and a public phone less than 150 feet from car
– tells lawyer and consigliere, spends hours concocting false story to explain away his actions and sobering up
– fails to report accident to police until morning
– family pulls strings to avoid autopsy of woman's body and hustle it back home
– family pays off family of woman to avoid ugly lawsuit and manslaughter charge
– shows no remorse
– is reelected to U.S. Senate six times
– has chutzpah to run for president in 1980, then cannot explain to Roger Mudd why he should be president
– continues to commit adultery, get drunk in public, and cavort publicly with women not his wife.

Sorry...He's utterly contemptible.. and if Mary Jo had of been YOUR daughter..I think you would  feel  differently.
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Varmit

Flo, I beg to differ.  He was certainly sober enough to wait nine hours, talk with his political advisers, and then report the "accident".  What makes it even worse is that later he goes on to lie about it, claiming that the charges were false.  And then to make jokes about it...what a bastard. 
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

redcliffsw

"AMEN!!!   He was a communist sympathizer and an enemy of our country.  He did much to damage the social fabric and our national defense.

Shame on us for 'honoring' a man who literally murdered a woman who was not his wife.  The younger generation doesn't know Mary Jo but we haven't forgotten."

greatguns

Thank you for thinking I'm younger, younger than what?

ELK@KC

Quote from: flo on August 28, 2009, 08:51:15 AM

He wasn't so drunk that he didn't know what he was doing, he knew exactly what he was doing, saying nothing and avoiding the law until he knew he could pass an alcohol test,.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk