BATES, Virginia S. (Tschantz) - b. January 4, 1921 - d. August 23, 2009

Started by patyrn, August 25, 2009, 07:42:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

patyrn

Mrs. Virginia S. Bates, 88, of Topeka, Kansas, passed away Sunday, August 23, 2009 at Stormont-Vail Hospital.  She was born January 4, 1921 in Topeka, Kansas, the daughter of Fred and Gladys (Lesline) Tschantz. 

Virginia was a member of Northland Christian Church.  She had numerous hobbies and made many crafts for all of her friends and family. 

Virginia was married to Geoge D. Bates on May 3, 1941 in Topeka, Kansas.  He survives of the home.  Surviving in addition to her husband are two daughers, Judith Ann Harder of Longton, Kansasand Bobbie Broadbent of Topeka, Kansas; a son and daughter-in-law, Michael and Diane Bates of Topeka, Kansas; 8 grandchildren, Robyn L. Harder Coleman (Jim), David M. Harder, John Wright, Jason Wright (Kim), Ryan Broadbent, Derrick Bates, Dustin Bates, and Dwayne Bates; 11 great-grandchildren; and a great-great-grandson. 

Virginia was preceded in death by a grandson, Robert Lee Harder, Jr. in 2002; a brother, Fred Tschantz, Jr.; and a sister, Glendola Mullican.

Funeral services will be at 11:00 a.m. Wednesday, August 26, 2009 at Penwll-Gabel Parker-Price Chapel, 245 NW Independendence, Topeka, KS.  Intement wil be in Rochester Cemetey.  Virginia will lie in state after 3:00 p.m. Tuesday at the funeral chapel where the family will receve friends from 6:00 to 7:00 p.m.  Memorial contributions may be made to Midland Hospice, 200 SW Frazier Circle, Topeka, KS 66606-2800 or Northland Christian Church, 2102 NW Topeka Boulevard, Topeka, KS  66617.

(taken from the Penwell-Gabel website)

Judy Harder

While our family are mourning, we are sighing with relief, also.
Mom went very easy? We did not have to watch her lie in a coma
and be sick any longer.

I thank you for all your prayers.........your gifts of love and just for being here,
so I had somewhere to go where I could take a deep breath.

You all are so special to me. I may not be on much in coming days.......I have a lot to
catch-up on.......but I will do my morning devotions.

God bless you all.
Judy
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Diane Amberg

We love ya Judy, prayers for your family continue. I hope your father is handling things alright, considering.

indygal

Judy, please accept my belated condolences. It was clear from your posts that she was dearly loved and will be deeply missed. You were blessed to have those last hours at her bedside. May God bless you and your loved ones.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk