the Lockerbie bomber........

Started by pamsback, August 20, 2009, 10:05:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

srkruzich

Quote from: Mom70x7 on August 21, 2009, 08:48:15 AM
Scotland also has a "compassionate" prison release program. I didn't pay attention to all the details, but one of them is a person is released when they have less than 3 months to live.

I don't object to the program - I think it's a viable option the United States should sometimes use.

I do disagree with the "hero" welcome he received.

Why be compassionate to a mass murderer?  There was no compassion shown for the ones who died in that bombing
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

srkruzich

Quote from: Diane Amberg on August 21, 2009, 06:03:17 PM
Um, did any American families complain when he was tried in Scotland? Or did they accept whatever Scotland did? I really don't know.  It was a terrible tragedy regardless. I wonder how that would have been handled here if the circumstances were similar.
The bombing was comitted in scottland so the trials were held there.  Scottland had jurisdiction.  IF it had of happened here, we would have had jurisdiction.   The sad fact is this terrorist is now being heralded as a hero when he should be dying in his prison cell.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Varmit

Quote from: Mom70x7 on August 21, 2009, 08:48:15 AM
Scotland also has a "compassionate" prison release program. I didn't pay attention to all the details, but one of them is a person is released when they have less than 3 months to live.
I don't object to the program - I think it's a viable option the United States should sometimes use.

You can't be serious??!!??  When should this be used in the U.S.?

Frankly, I think that son of a bitch should have been hanged.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Teresa

Hangings way too quick and "compassionate"... :police:
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Jane

I will have to answer to God for my feelings. Anyone that takes a life should not be allowed to live. Cold blooded murder is just that. Ask the people that jumped out of the WTC  or the people on that plane. When you bomb a plane or  run into a building it is thought out murder. I am so mad right now to think we should be compassionate, that person needs to think about how those people died.
Jane

Varmit

Quote from: Teresa on August 22, 2009, 09:45:49 AM
Hangings way too quick and "compassionate"... :police:

You assume that I would employ the "quick drop" method.  no, no, no, by hanging I meant that a rope placed around his neck and his ass hauled up the nearest tree branch so he can choke on it for awhile. >:(
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

flintauqua

Since it was Scotland, I'd like to have seen him treated the same way William Wallace was at the end of Braveheart.  Now there is a deterent towards high crimes and treason. 

pamsback

Quote from: flintauqua on August 23, 2009, 08:55:38 AM
Since it was Scotland, I'd like to have seen him treated the same way William Wallace was at the end of Braveheart.  Now there is a deterent towards high crimes and treason. 

William Wallace was NOT a criminal or a terrorist. He was a Patriot.

Wilma

Quote from: srkruzich on August 21, 2009, 11:15:55 PM
Quote from: Diane Amberg on August 21, 2009, 06:03:17 PM
Um, did any American families complain when he was tried in Scotland? Or did they accept whatever Scotland did? I really don't know.  It was a terrible tragedy regardless. I wonder how that would have been handled here if the circumstances were similar.
The bombing was comitted in scottland so the trials were held there.  Scottland had jurisdiction.  IF it had of happened here, we would have had jurisdiction.   The sad fact is this terrorist is now being heralded as a hero when he should be dying in his prison cell.

srkruzich:  Where did you get the quote from Diane?  I can't find it.

flintauqua

Quote from: pamsback on August 23, 2009, 09:07:00 AM
Quote from: flintauqua on August 23, 2009, 08:55:38 AM

William Wallace was NOT a criminal or a terrorist. He was a Patriot.

I started to add that I didn't believe Wallace deserved what was done to him, only that I do believe the bomber deserved said treatment.  But I didn't know how to say it without someone on here twisting the words back upon myself.

I agree with your statement of William Wallace being a Patriot.  But what he did was considered a high crime and treason by his opponent, the English, just as what our nations founding fathers did. 

I'm sure that somewhere in there I said something that offended someone in someway, and I'm sure I'll be chastised for it forthwith.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk