Anyone Seen Any Loyalists Around These Parts?

Started by flintauqua, August 20, 2009, 02:51:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flintauqua

Just wondering if there are still any British Loyalists around complaining about how a bunch of good for nothing Federalists dispossessed them of all their rights, destroyed their way of life, and started this continent down the path towards Marxist totalitarianism about 235 years ago.

Anyone heard from any lately?

No?

Maybe in another 100 years it will finally be hard to find people throwing around the same complaints about another war on this continent.

Charles

dnalexander

Quote from: flintauqua on August 20, 2009, 02:51:06 PM
Just wondering if there are still any British Loyalists around complaining about how a bunch of good for nothing Federalists dispossed them of all their rights, destroyed their way of life, and started this continent down the path towards Marxist totalitaianism about 235 years ago.

Anyone heard from any lately?

No?

Maybe in another 100 years it will finally be hard to find people throwing around the same complaints about another war on this continent.

Charles

Charles my best friend is from Canada. He is not a Loyalist but occasionally he grumbles about our founders trying to make Canada the fourteenth colony. He keeps mentioning the Battle of Quebec in 1775. He likes to remind me that we (United States) lost that battle. He also mentions the Battle of the Chateauguay 1813 which he reminds me we lost that one too. :laugh:

David

Anmar

Believe it or not i have a neighbor that fits that description.
"The chief source of problems is solutions"

dnalexander

Quote from: Anmar on August 20, 2009, 08:06:11 PM
Believe it or not i have a neighbor that fits that description.

Anmar, I do believe it there are many Canadians in the Bay Area. By the way my friend lives in San Jose off Cottle Rd. and Santa Teresa Blvd.

David

Anmar

My mistake, i was referring to the original post.  My neighbor believes in the soveriegnty of England over the 13 colonies.  She also says that the states to the west are illegaly independant and should be part of the original colonies based upon their latitude.  IE arizona and new mexico are extensions of the Georgia colony.  She's got a whole list of wierd ideas, but in the end, she is a true royalist. 

I was in fact just speaking with her today, and she says that in the original articles of association, in order to qualify to be a judge, one must be a descendant of an original colonist. 

She used to work for the state department and she claims to have been a part of some secret programs under the NSA.  My dad verified that she did work for the government, but i don't believe her secret program line.
"The chief source of problems is solutions"

flintauqua

A map of western lands ceded by origional colonies:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d7/Statecessions.png

I love geography.  I love history.  Mix the two . . . .  :angel:

I think I could have some interesting conversations with your neighbor. 

Charles

redcliffsw

I had a nice visit with a fellow from Britain who said we ought to keep the Fed's
out of health care in the USA.  He lives here now. 

Certainly he modern day Federalists lean towards the Bristish ways and I have not
seen any British Loyalists like what you're seeking and doubt such ever existed.

flintauqua

I'd love to explain the sarcasm of my original post to the targets of said sarcasm, but I think that might be the equivalent of throwing a hand-grenade into a vat of napalm, so I'll demur for now.

redcliffsw

Ah, go ahead and give it a try.

Speaking of history and geography, do you know of any mapping of the
Osage lands?  It seems like their boundary was 50 miles wide from
the Cherokee strip going north and about 300 miles running west
from the Cherokee Co line to past Bucklin.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk